Leatherette seats two tone with Zed logo

I nearly bought some of these for my Supra a few years back... I got the installation guide from the seller but thought it looked a bit tricky....

Anyone tried these ??? I reckon they will look good with the logo and they are a fairly cheap mod....

Let me know what you think :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-X-TRAIL-PU ... 286.c0.m14

Ok mate short answers then -

Leatherette will make you sweat in those seats - the Zed is a hot car at the best of times. :sun:

Replacing the original covers with those should be an easy job - just take your time and ensure you have very strong fingers to pull the covers over tighter than Gordon Browns wallet! You will also probably have to remove hog rings from the seat base and squab these hold the flat panels inplace - not hard just fiddly - get a decent set of pliers for that - all in all - easy if you take your time. :thumbs:

at the price of those seat covers your not far off getting them done properly in real leather. and fitted by pro's

i'm sure several people have done so already and should be able to recommend places.

i know of somehwere the FTO crowd used alot, but i've forgotten there name :blush:

at the price of those seat covers your not far off getting them done properly in real leather. and fitted by pro's

i'm sure several people have done so already and should be able to recommend places.

i know of somehwere the FTO crowd used alot, but i've forgotten there name :blush:

Cheapest quote ive had so far is £500... And thats just one colour...

Thats the reason I thought these might be worth the money. Black n silver with a Z logo would look very B) in my blade dont you reckon ????

I actually emailed an ebay buyer who had bought some and he told me it was quite tricky to fit, like Stan says you need strong fingers.. but end result is excellent

IMO not a bad mod for the price :)

As I have posted numerous times - its the labour and skill your paying for the materials are actualy quite cheap by comparison. It takes time to remove and strip down the original seat, then you have to fit the new cover (pray it was made properly and will fit without messing) then put everything back - its really not hard but it is time consuming. My old boss was in the game for 50 years and it still took him 2 days to do this kind of job - but his work was second to none.

So thats what you pay for. :)

Good luck with what you decide but personally I would get them covered in Leather by a trimmer from scratch- let them do it themselves it will work out the same price and at least any issues they can fix there and then for you :thumbs: