Potential new owner

Hi All :wave:

After a hard year in business and losing my E46 M3 Convertible I am slowly getting myself back on my feet and part of that is buying a new(to me) sports car.

I have set myself a budget of 8-9k and the most stand out car in that bracket is the 350z.

I am looking at a GT Spec JDM 54 Model. It has the following spec

2 owner

Black

£1600 19" alloys (look well not chavy)

Black leather

UK Dials

SVA Cert

6 months tax

10 Month MOT

Brembo Brakes

Excellent condition inside and out

Rear discs and pads recently replaced

Manual

What do you think would be a good price to buy this car at? And would you recommend getting a vehicle check done by the AA or RAC before I buy it?? :wacko:

:welcome: Seems like a good price there, but the only thing you are missing out on, that the UK GT zed has is the cruise control. The Bose stereo also comes with the UK GT pack but thats no great loss tbh. Post a link of the car up and we can give you some more opinions on it :thumbs: Oh and always worth while getting a HPI and RAC report if you're budget allows, peace of mind. :thumbs:

Another guy won (so i'm told) but has not been in touch, I offered him £8500 from the start which he rejected as he said he would not sell for less thank 9k. The start price was 7k and it suddenly jumped to 9k from one bid so I had an idea it was a fake bid and would become available (which it has) so I have offered him £8800 and he has said yes....

Just need to confirm...

Another guy won (so i'm told) but has not been in touch, I offered him £8500 from the start which he rejected as he said he would not sell for less thank 9k. The start price was 7k and it suddenly jumped to 9k from one bid so I had an idea it was a fake bid and would become available (which it has) so I have offered him £8800 and he has said yes....

Good luck, hope it turns out to be a good one. Did you have it checked before making your offer?

I did a HPI on it..

Not doing a Vehicle check till we both agree, nothing has been done via ebay so I am not bound by anything as of yet and no deposit has been transferred.

Should the car have had any work done on the underneath of the car? i.e to protect against rust?

Hi and welcome to the forum! It's an import from JDM market thats been written off? :wacko: you might be better getting one straight from there yourself if thats the case for a cheaper penny thats not been crashed?

Mine has not got any special work to under the car (as the scandianavian countries do they put this weird looking dark 'tar' stuff under it) They got salt on the roads in Japan too so I wouldn't worry about it like I would if I got a car from the states....

Saw this on in IRE:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/350 ... annel=CARS

not sure what that would cost you to get over, I've sent a Q to the guy... could take of the RIM's and brakes and stick on my car :dance:

:drunk:

:bounce: G'luck!

Hi and welcome to the forum! It's an import from JDM market thats been written off? :wacko: you might be better getting one straight from there yourself if thats the case for a cheaper penny thats not been crashed?

Mine has not got any special work to under the car (as the scandianavian countries do they put this weird looking dark 'tar' stuff under it) They got salt on the roads in Japan too so I wouldn't worry about it like I would if I got a car from the states....

Saw this on in IRE:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/350 ... annel=CARS

not sure what that would cost you to get over, I've sent a Q to the guy... could take of the RIM's and brakes and stick on my car :dance:

:drunk:

:bounce: G'luck!

hmm might be a scam the car is now gone from carzone but the owner contacted me... might be worth a look :snack: