I need a slap !!!

Vale

Hi, sorry for going on but i am a bit or a worry wort :doh:

As some of you are aware i just bought my first Zed and i am 99% in thinking my life is now complete lol

Just one thing is niggling me.......its this noisy drive train/clutch release bearing thingy..

I am getting paranoid about it, i have also noticed a slight lumpyness in revs at idle.

A while back i owned a ST220 mondeo, a 3ltr V6 and it ticked over like a rolex watch, smooooth B) so i thought i would get the same smooth ticking over with my Zed.....not, so here are a couple of questions and worse case senarios.

I have a FNSH and my car is at 48k

lets assume my engine needs a tweek, maybe new plugs or leads ! whats the "about" cost for this ?

Could my clutch release bearing need changing ? cost ?

Does my prop have a dry bearing ? cost ?

Probably cant answer any of these i guess, or maybe i should stop crying about it and just book it in at Nissan and let them tell me eh ?

:blink: "Sigh" i am a proper plank arent i :lol: i just want my Zed to be in as good a health as possible. I am going away in November to the Lake District with our lass and we have booked a cottage 9 miles off an "A" road down a track near Scafell and i just want to have faith in my new baby :lol:

Ok you can all tell me to shut the **** up now and just drive the thing.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Regards,

Vale.

First bit of good news is if you really want a slap Nixy is just down the road :lol:

The plugs get changed at 50k so if they havent been done they may be due.

A grounding kit is worth a look although others may not agree.

Has it had a new clutch yet, several of us, myself included are a bit heavy on the clutch and have changed them around 30k

There are a few owners around you so cpompare your car to one of them. Dont let Greekman check it though, you may never stop screaming. :drive1

As a last resort, I am passing next wednesday afternoon, throw a sicky and I will have a look. :)

Martin, your a top bloke, what time you passing through, i can meet up late in the afternoon if thats cool ? :)

Rich, i tried that and it sort of worked although i dont realy want to have AC on all the time as you appreciate :lol:

O, an i am up for a slap from Nixy if she so desires hahahahah

Cheers peep.

One last thing...... What a grounding Kit ? :doh:

to be honest the Zed is a bit raw engine wise, i find, its a proper meaty engine, you have to work the gear change etc. my guess is you just need to get used to it. ground kit might help (its a kit of 5 wires that go from the negative terminal on the battery to various points around the car engine bay to increase the battery's earthing, should smooth out some of the electrical things.)

I think buying the coffee is the least i can do bud,

Cheers rtbiscuit, i think its probably one of those things i will fit in due course like the pop charger etc.

And your right about it feeling like a spit and saw dust type car...... proper machine lol

Thanks Ebized for the link.......good reading, off in my favs for when the time is needed :)

Has anyone actually had a noisy clutch/drive train that has been sorted via a clutch change or something ?

i have a fix that i use for most pronblems, an dwhen i had an mr2 roadster (it rattled alot) it worked for that too.

cures most problems

works every time.

best fix i've done in years

i think i might patent it.

turn the radio up :lol:

:lol: all i see is how i am going to explain the NEXT thing i need, and the next and the next........ Our lass will :ban: me

:bangin::bang: Holy sh1t...... i just had a vision.......... I thought if i buy a proper sports car and not something i had to tune up constanly all this would end...... :evil:

O how naive i am :doh:

R.I.P. Vale :byebye:

Don't worry mate they all grumble their thrust release bearing even my 07 from 7k miles when I got it.. now on 52k and no change . The take off can be a bit juddery too that's fly by wire for you.......ha I had the same concerns as you but itss normal stuff just enjoy it and get to club meets for research purposes of course :lol:

Rich, i tried that and it sort of worked although i dont realy want to have AC on all the time as you appreciate :lol:

Be prepared for fogging on the windscreen if you keep turnig the A/C on and off - there's a thread about that somewhere, but i'll let you learn how to use the search button.

Better to keep it on, the extra fuel it uses is negligable and you can always put the temp higher. It's just getting the load on the engine that helps smooth the idle.

Thing is, at work when i am in my van the window is down 24/7-365 rain hail or snow :lol: so i always drive with it down out of habbit, our lass been the cowld arse she is, hates it :p

"Can you put it up just a little bit please honey" :headhurt: "Ok my sweet, just an inch" :lol: NOT !!!! :p

Thanks Stanski for the reassurance its not just older cars too.

I feel a lot more relaxed about it now peeps, Cheers :drive1

Just out of intrest i have had it exactly a week today, and i filled it to the neck on monday morning, and i filled it again tonight.

I do 120 miles exactly for the week and it took £20.01 to fill back up.

Can anyone work out the MPG ? i paid 1.03p per litre. The computer said it was 27.3 mpg....is that right ?

:doh: