Jaguar Assist

Chesterfield

My brother and I have just had our first experience of this. Unfortunately my brothers car, all of 48 hours old, sprung a massive diesel leak, dumping about 30 litres of diesel all over the works car park and ajoining road.

Noticed it last night when leaving the office at about 5.20pm.

Pulled the car back into the car park and called Jaguar assist. They offered to collect the car and deliver a courtesy car (also jaguar) by 5.35! As we still have the old cars, we declined this offer as there was little point as my brother only lives about 4 miles away. Advised them that they may as well collect first thing in the morning.

They duly did. 9am sharp as promised, a flatbed turns up, takes the car away and we have had a call back advising that the car should be returned by about 4pm today. Full tank of fuel put back in, car throroughly cleaned and a full valet, as an extra measure they ran a deodoriser through the air con just in case there was any lingering smell of diesel in the car (which there wasnt anyway).

Have to say I am incredibly impressed.

Obviously a fuel return hose should not have worked loose in the first 48 hours, but these things happen, and the way they corrected the problem is 1st class.

Very impressive Chris. As you say, things will always go wrong, its how they are dealt with that counts. :thumbs:

Nissan would offer to replace the car for 30k. Yes I am having more problems with them. :rant:

nissan GB are a bunch of "see you next tuesdays" how they keep customers for more than 1 cars ownership does elude me!

That is an excellent service....

One of my work colleagues has had problems with his Jag (3 clutches gone in 10,000 miles/12months) not good but apparently the record is 5 clutches in 12 months at Jaguar Derby... He's got a spanking new Range Rover while they are fixing it though, very nice...

We will have to see what happens with Jag when they make all the redundancies in the midlands.... Think they are creating some jobs on merseyside tho.

I'm not surprise that the service is good, they get a lot of practise. Jag oil burners have an appalling record for breaking down in my experience :(

i think you should go and have a look at what car is winning reliability awards ;) ==> XF :teeth:

i do remember the diesel manufacturing issue tbh, dont know what it was that caused it but it grounded everything for a few days :wacko: they must of missed one:( sorry.

glad you had good service though :):thumbs:

We will have to see what happens with Jag when they make all the redundancies in the midlands.... Think they are creating some jobs on merseyside tho.

they arent...?

I'm not surprise that the service is good, they get a lot of practise. Jag oil burners have an appalling record for breaking down in my experience :(

i think you should go and have a look at what car is winning reliability awards ;) ==> XF :teeth:

Yeah, yeah, and when I bought my Z it was the 2nd least depreciating car you could get on the UK market :bangin: