Softening Stock Boot Dampers?

nurrish

I heard that you can soften the boot dampers to make them not as strong. Is this possible? is so how does one go about doing such thing?

At the moment i am manually opening my carbon boot as the dampers are just too strong and push my boot up when closed. If there is no way of doing it then i will have to take the plunge and buy some ones specific to carbon boots

yeah it was me that said that,

i've never done it but i remember years ago someone saying you could reduce the damper strength but you could never add it back in again.

but i don't know how you go about letting some of the gas out? its got to get in there some how i suppose. :wacko:

I`ll do you a swap for mine. Sick of been hit on the head every time I open the boot. The boot closes by itself, always when you dont expect it :blackeye:

Sounds like a good plan to me :thumbs:

Mine are off my car with 20k on the clock and when i had a v1 spoiler they still performed strong

pm with your address and i shall pm you mine :thumbs:

GRR someone beat me to it lol, was going to suggest a swap for mine as they struggle to open the boot with a standard spoiler on the back.I press the button to pop the boot and it raises a few mm and then you have to stick your fingers in the gap and press the button again to get it to lift. Next person that buys a carbon boot PM me and Ill do a swap :teeth:

Does anyone know part numbers and price for stock dampers (Ive tried the pennies in the spring trick and it improved the problem but didnt cure it).

Glad its worked out and done the job intended. ;)

Has for me, I waited in all morning for delivery. Had to nip out at 13.10, arrived back at 13.45, guess what? :angry::angry: Must wait for delivery tomorrow now. It will be worth it if the boot stays open with the exchanged dampers in, I will be. :yahoo:

Glad its worked out and done the job intended. ;)

Has for me, I waited in all morning for delivery. Had to nip out at 13.10, arrived back at 13.45, guess what? :angry::angry: Must wait for delivery tomorrow now. It will be worth it if the boot stays open with the exchanged dampers in, I will be. :yahoo:

Typical :lol:

I guarantee my dampers will be more than strong enough for your :thumbs:

Just a quick one... for you guys that are using the one penny mod for the boot springs watch out, they can push through the rear hatch. (mine did)

Whats that mate, any pics? I was just reading this thread thinking i must go and do the 1p trick on mine.

I tried to do it a few months ago and ended up snapping the plastic edges off the spring holder and had to buy a replacement of lomoto.

Just a quick one... for you guys that are using the one penny mod for the boot springs watch out, they can push through the rear hatch. (mine did)

Whats that mate, any pics? I was just reading this thread thinking i must go and do the 1p trick on mine.

I tried to do it a few months ago and ended up snapping the plastic edges off the spring holder and had to buy a replacement of lomoto.

I havent got my car with me at the moment so can't take pics but phil obviously did the 1p trick where you put a penny (or 2) under the 'pop open' springs that screw onto the underneath of the rear hatch. The only problem is that after a while the added pressure of the 1p has made the springs dent the rear hatch, cracking the paint slightly.