LED dome light short circuit

Husky

No probs, I just realised Husky was called John too - after his post!

I wouldnt be able to come up with a circuit for the job out of my head, its not something I've done before - so the other John might be able to help there!

As for strengthening the problematic track - to determine if this is possible I would imagine you would need to know a few details first like

the circuit schematic & PCB layout details (to identify the load capability of the existing design & any other weak areas), as well as figuring out the expected load with your modifications. Knowing these you could determine if the existing circuit could support your additional lights.

Also, if you are planning on using LED's then dimming would possibly have to be done in a different manner pwm or whatever, again I think this is the other John's terrotory!

BTW John (Husky) - noticed a few of your other posts regarding your LED light mods (especially the headlight ones) - very impressive!

John

cheers mate :)

good to have someone around to bounce stuff off of :thumbs:

PWM makes sense really and for controlling it I guess a PIC would be simplest to get going. I really want to do this as it would become the control for any lighting i have in the car it just needs a fair chunk of my time which is in short supply at the moment :lol: I might have a good look into it this week though.

I havent been able to get hold of schematics of the module sadly, i did ask a few ex nissan guys but becasue the UK doesnt deal with the zed manufacture it was a dead end.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images