Bullied or complimented....?

MacW

Driving through the backroads and villages of Sussex on Sunday I glanced in the rear view mirror to find a glintingly new Afla Romeo 8C sitting behind me.

I was only doing about 60 at the time slow slowed down a bit to get a better look at it when lo and behold he pops the right pedal and pulls alongside me. The guy had the classic aging rocker look (tanned and wrinkled face and long blond hair) and he's smiling at me and waving his hands down the road. :boxing:

Now besides the fact that there was actually oncoming traffic at the time so it really wasn't the best place to be doing that sort of driving, how the hell did he expect me to keep up with his prettied up Ferrari? :blush:

I dropped back a bit to let him in front as the tractor bore down on him from the other direction and figured I'd have a bit of fun trying to keep up as he put his red rocket through its paces but it didn't take him all that long to disappear over the horizon. :surrender:

I just couldn't figure out whether he actually thought I could give him a run for his money or he was just playing top gun with anything faster than a shopping trolley gti.

As a side note, as beautiful as they are I really didn't like the sound it made when he buried his right foot. Far too much scream and not enough rumble imo :thumbdown:

Nah, he drove along side and wished he had a nice sunset zed like yours instead of an unreliable Alfa, and then shot off in a huff :lol:

Got to say though i do love them 8C's really nice.

Mac, nice to see you on the forums mate, its been a few weeks since you bought that car off me. Hope its serving you well :thumbs:

I'd spend it on the body work personally, as i found the stereo to be quite satisfactory. If you want to spend it on the ice then i have a nice single din pop out DVD/radio player ;) Its an Alpine DVA-900 with motorised screen, it cost over £2000 new in 2005 and asking £350 for it now, complete with a 350Z surround adapter. Never got round to fitting it, like i said i was happy enough with the BOSE. :teeth: