Double Din adapter mounting surround?

StokieShinobi

Hi all

I have mounted a double din headunit into my zed. I have used the mounting brackets off the bose unit - it goes in but it doesnt sit properly.

The whole in the centre console isnt a perfect standard double din size. For example my headunit plastic surround does not fit on as the hole in the dash isnt big enough to accomodate it.

What have people been using to mount their double dins? I have been reading about a Metra surround fascia kit? Do these do the jobs? I just cant find anywhere to buy one?

All the ones on ebay are to accomodate a single din, such as this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-CD-RA ... 286.c0.m14

If anyone can help me that would be great. I really dont want to sell my new double din unit :(

The one that came with my Kenwood was also too big - my installer got one from somewhere but I can't remember where - sorry. Loads of people have replaced their head units so someone will be able to tell you where to get one from - no need to bin the HU just yet ;)

Yes! I need one of these! Searched the web high and low - wish I could fine one :'(