Hello! Viewed a 350Z today: have a question

Hi everyone, :wave:

I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks so thought it would be a good time to say hello! I've got a VX220 at the moment which I am selling (before winter!) and I'm looking to get into a 350Z.

I went to view a car today, but have a question about it: it has just had a P2 service at Nissan, but on the invoice it said that there was a rattle coming from the heater (there was an intermittent noise from the front of the dash when the heater was on - a kind of rapid ticking noise) and to investigate it the heater box needed to be removed.

This hasn't been sorted yet and I was wondering whether this was a common problem on Z's or whether it is something unique to this car (and potentially expensive!)?

Thanks! Can't wait for that V6 noise in my life... :D

Wow awesome cheers! This place moves fast! I think I was putting the wrong things in to search with. I think this sounds like it - viewtopic.php?p=234754#p234754

I guess this is why the noise wasn't constant and as I was trying to test everything else while I was driving (so many toys compared to the VX!!) I wasn't completely sure whether it was revs related but it doesn't sound so serious anyway.

If only I knew what having the heater core back flushed meant! :blush: I get the jist though and it doesn't sound too expensive? :)

Just round from you then bud near Cartmel. Pop round for a lemonade sometime, there are a few around the area. :)

Awesome thanks! Good to know there are other cars in the area, sometimes it feels like being out on a limb being this far north!

Welcome to the forum. Happy hunting. Have you had a look at the Zeds for sale on here yet?

I'm going to have a look at the ones on sale here now. I think the one I was looking at might have sold, and as the sale of my car seems to have fallen through I wasn't able to get it in time! The search goes on...