A Week on the Slopes

SunsetZed

So having snowboarded for only about a week before (a few days in New Zealand and a couple in China) I quite fancy a week away next year in Europe. I'm currently thinking of Bansko in Bulgaria as this is meant to be good for both Boarders and beginners / intermediates as well as being cheaper than the larger more well known European resorts. However I was wondering if others who had more experience could recommend destinations, booking agents and if anyone's been to Bansko what did they think?

A quick search revealed that ianwynneuk, ARphotographs, Rob_Quads, 3FIDDYZ, Lexx and Kev946 are all boarders, Zedrush and sl114 ski, AndyC does one or the other and that Sarnie sat in a bar in Val Claret taking cracking photos so I'm hoping you guys can help me out :thumbs:

Thanks

PS. No gays on trays comments please from those who need sticks to keep themselves upright!! :teeth:

PPS. I could probably do with sticks to keep me upright!!!

I went to Bansko last year (ski-ing). I can recommend the hotel kempinski. Great place and its right next to the ski lifts which is key! They have a ski road which runs all the way down from the mountain and ends right outside the hotel. You walk straight into the hotels ski room to leave either your skies or tray (couldn't resist :lol: ). Wouldn't eat there though as it was quite pricey (Food was good). Plenty of places to eat and drink in the area.

http://www.kempinski-bansko.com/index?id=1002〈=en

Cheers

Dave

I've been boarding for about 3 years now and can definitly recommend Les Arcs 1800 in the French alps been there twice now and its really good for beginners and your pretty much guaranteed good snow, also good nightlife. We went to Chamonix this year and had rubbish snow, it was really expensive (8 euros a beer) and some little w****r stole my board from the appartment. Heard good things about Austria, probably going there next year for my stag do! (god help me)! Try the world snowboard guide, found that really useful.

I've been boarding for about 10yrs and I recommend the States everytime! However, if you want something cheap and a very good resort for all abilities, I'd say the 3 valleys in France. Meribel is the cheapest of the 3 I think. I've stayed in Motaret a few times which is right by Meribel. Self catering keeps the price nicely down too! :)

I went boarding last year for the first time. We went to Livigne in Northern Italy. Loads of snow was a great place to start. Plenty to do for beginners but once you get better the runs do get a bit samey. This place was very cheap compared to some of the bigger resorts.