laptop AC adapters question

neo

need a answer to a laptop AC adapter question from me fellow tech-heads :)

got a workmates daughter's laptop to look at namely a hi-grade VA250D in pink YES pink :lol:

He said it was running slowly and the ac adapter didn't work, it was just a broken which i've since soldered but not safe enough for a child to use :scare:

the laptop itself is just full of spyware/adware/trojans etc easily sorted.

Sorry for rambling, my question is all the AC adapters I've seen on ebay have very same specs to the original except they run at 2.5a where as the original is 1.5a would it make a huge difference ?

does the below link seem toooo cheap :headhurt:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20v-3-25a-for-HI- ... 286.c0.m14

2.5A is the maximum rating, not the actual current. If its a bigger rating than the original, thats ok. However, its a cheapo far-east copy, therefore there's a high probabillity of dodgy quality and higher risk of fire. Get one with a CE mark if you want piece of mind.

You could get a logitech one, had to buy one the other day when I left my adapter at home. They come with a number of different adapters to work with different equipment. Not cheap though... bout £70 but then the one use OEM ones are about £50 for the HP / Dell types

2.5A is the maximum rating, not the actual current. If its a bigger rating than the original, thats ok. However, its a cheapo far-east copy, therefore there's a high probabillity of dodgy quality and higher risk of fire. Get one with a CE mark if you want piece of mind.

Fully agree with the above, and make sure you get an official one. I bought a dodgy one for my Samsung, and it kicked out so much electrical interferance it too out my TV reception and ran very hot :scare: Was promptly put in the bin and replaced with an OEM one!

You could get a logitech one, had to buy one the other day when I left my adapter at home. They come with a number of different adapters to work with different equipment. Not cheap though... bout £70 but then the one use OEM ones are about £50 for the HP / Dell types

think they got the laptop second hand for less than £100 so don't think they wanna spend about the same again on a adapter :blush:

Slightly offtopic but not entirely.....................

I have a laptop that I'm using for work at the moment and it only charges to 30%. Very annoying as it doesn't last too long with clients :thumbdown:

The icon in the bottom right hand corner changes from the 'charging' icon to 'ac power' icon once the battery hits 30% roughly. I've looked through the power setting in the control panel but cant see anything obvious!

Any idea's? Is it a setting issue or just a shagged battery/ac adapter??

I have a ******** that I'm using for work at the moment and it only charges to 30%. Very annoying as it doesn't last too long with clients :thumbdown:

Any idea's? Is it a setting issue or just a shagged battery

:surrender::lol:

Probably a shagged battery Liam ;)

Slightly offtopic but not entirely.....................

I have a laptop that I'm using for work at the moment and it only charges to 30%. Very annoying as it doesn't last too long with clients :thumbdown:

The icon in the bottom right hand corner changes from the 'charging' icon to 'ac power' icon once the battery hits 30% roughly. I've looked through the power setting in the control panel but cant see anything obvious!

Any idea's? Is it a setting issue or just a shagged battery/ac adapter??

thought about a samsung nc10 with a battery life of around 7 hrs ??

think it as been replaced with n110 and n120 models tho