Hidden bargain at Halfords...

BulletMagnet

Whilst going to Halfords to buy a new Magic Tree, I spotted amongst the PW extension hoses one that looked out of place.

I looked to me as if it had Karcher connectors, but had no tags on it.

I asked one of the shop assistants if it was priced correctly and he said he could check.

He assumed it was the Halfords own brand and sold it to me for £14.99, bargain!

The Karcher extension hoses usually go for about £30.

Got home tried it out and yup, it's a Karcher extension alright.

Halfords staff can be dim at most times, but it's up to you to use it to your advantage :thumbs:

Section 1(1) Theft Act 1967 applies. "A person I guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of perminantly depriving the other of it. Thief and steal can be construed accordingly."

I'm telling Mr Halford! He may give me a free life time supply of Maguiars for shopping you in!! :p

Dont be so sure he got it wrong BM, they arent all stupid, and may have thought you were an alright bloke, and it had been priced wrong, but let you get away with it. You are assuming that they care they sell the right thing at the right price. They dont, they just scan it and off you go ;)

I got a £200 too chest for £30 in there because it was damaged. One of the bits was slightly bent so they couldnt sell it at RRP any more so let it go cheap. They could have gotten way more, but they just dont care :lol:

Dont be so sure he got it wrong BM, they arent all stupid, and may have thought you were an alright bloke, and it had been priced wrong, but let you get away with it. You are assuming that they care they sell the right thing at the right price. They dont, they just scan it and off you go ;)

I got a £200 too chest for £30 in there because it was damaged. One of the bits was slightly bent so they couldnt sell it at RRP any more so let it go cheap. They could have gotten way more, but they just dont care :lol:

good point when i was stuck in retail during uni if i missed scanning something i didnt go back and get them to pull all the bags apart, i just thought, meh who cares. people thought it was thier lucky day :rolleyes: also when the manager wasnt looking discount went flying about like nobodies bussiness. ;)