WANTED CF BONNET VENTED - GOT ONE

srobrien

Hi guys im after a CF vented bonnet for my zed. I've got about 6-700 quid to spend but i want it soonish as im only home for 2 weeks this time then im offshore for near a whole month so would like it before i go away (impatient i know :lol:) All the ones I have found so far are between 2-3 weeks waiting time.

Cheers

R

Guess you tried Envy? Dan @ SRBpower can get the Chargespeed one, not sure if he has stock or if its in that ball park..

Also, the one on Andys Zed is a really nice and very well made, think it was from ERP on here.

US forums? Lots on there at the moment. 2 weeks will get it here but packing will be a pain in the ar$e so it may put private sellers off shipping...

Just a thought, but how about doing the GT mod to your excisting bonnet and getting it wrapped?

IMG_1269.jpg

Cheers 3FIDDY, have tried all of the above, there is one for sale by knight-racer (big in the GTR scene apparently). Looks nice, I have emailed them to ask if its in stock but had no reply yet.

Its not really a big deal if i dont get it this time home but the cash is in the bank and if it stays there for any period of time it will slowly go missing.

R

Cheers 3FIDDY, have tried all of the above, there is one for sale by knight-racer (big in the GTR scene apparently). Looks nice, I have emailed them to ask if its in stock but had no reply yet.

Its not really a big deal if i dont get it this time home but the cash is in the bank and if it stays there for any period of time it will slowly go missing.

R

Yeh spoken to Knight Racer a few times, think a few places sell the same bonnets as the replicas probably come out of the same place.

Wasnt a carbon place on here doing something?

Also try Dixon at DMS, very resourceful!

Got one from Knight racer, decent price and guaranteed perfect fit or my money back no questions.

Its the Topsecret style with the two mesh cutouts, pretty much identical to what i was after.

Its this one:

angelo_balto-albums-z-workshop-z-plans-picture9976-topsecret-panser.jpg

Just need to find some rain guards for those vents :headhurt:

R

Got one from Knight racer, decent price and guaranteed perfect fit or my money back no questions.

Its the Topsecret style with the two mesh cutouts, pretty much identical to what i was after.

Its this one:

angelo_balto-albums-z-workshop-z-plans-picture9976-topsecret-panser.jpg

Just need to find some rain guards for those vents :headhurt:

R

Nice! Good find. Why do you want guards? Been running mine for a year now and no bother :) Shouldnt be too hard to make some up though

Nice! Good find. Why do you want guards? Been running mine for a year now and no bother :) Shouldnt be too hard to make some up though

+1

The only problem I had was that some of the bolts rusted because they were right under the vents

you've obviously never been to Aberdeen :lol: different class of rain here mate :lol: .

What one are you running? got any pics?

R

always!!

DSC02118.jpg

If your running the rain will burn off pretty quickly... would just sit in the rain covers anyway and spill over the sides into the engine bay as they dont fully seal. Also in the rain the CAI likes a bit of Extra H20 to burn off!!! But not too much!!! :)

Yeah Knight racer actually make them so its probably just a generic pic they use for the bonnet. I got some CF wingmirror covers as well but he emailed me saying they had a hairline crack and offered to send them to me half price or give me a refund. Gone for a refund though as the crack would drive me nuts.

Spoke to him on the phone today as well and he seems like a sound guy.

R

Yeah Knight racer actually make them so its probably just a generic pic they use for the bonnet. I got some CF wingmirror covers as well but he emailed me saying they had a hairline crack and offered to send them to me half price or give me a refund. Gone for a refund though as the crack would drive me nuts.

Spoke to him on the phone today as well and he seems like a sound guy.

R

sound like decent people to deal with :)