A little meet downunder yesterday.

bronzee

Only about 28 people yesterday, a few Zeds not there, including mine, as it had a dead battery and didn't have enough time to do anything about it at such short notice. :dummy: So had to roll up in another car. :p

Anyway, of course it's still Winter here, well for another few more weeks, and it wasn't the most stunning of days yesterday, blowing a gale, especially at the beach, and then it started to drizzle, but being the hardened Zed enthusiasts we hung around and took some pics and watched the remote control planes and gliders and the kiteboarders doing stunts. :D

On route to Muriwai Beach:

ZMuriwai16August2009No19-1.jpg

ZMuriwai16August2009No16.jpg

This one overlooking Muriwai Beach on the very rugged West Coast of Auckland on the road above the Gannet Colony, one of only two Gannet Colonies in NZ. Rather spectacular in flight they are, being so large, the Gannets, not the Zeds. :lol::p

ZMuriwai16August2009.jpg

ZMuriwai16August2009No8.jpg

The lovely red 240z with it's driver back at the helm after a years hiatus, parked at Blossoms Cafe.

ZMuriwai16August2009No14.jpg

A gray, drizzly old day, but the Gannets were there, you could smell them. :lol::headhurt:

ZMuriwai16August2009No11.jpg

Boo hiss, our Club's resident Japanese Tourist (camera happy Kiwi - running joke in the club) wasn't at his post taking pics yesterday, so only my ratty old pics. :p:p:lol:

Lol, ya think I should photochop it in?! :lol::lol:

I think the photo is a bit overexposed, so doesn't look as overcast as it was. Really stunning coastline along there too. Very rugged, the surfers around here would love it. Can be up to 5 metre swells at times.

Restates promise, I will see NZ before its too late. :)

I can guarantee we'd organise a cool meet or two if you and Liz come over. :D

Come on Bronzee you've just photoshoped the road signs - that was this years Wales run out! :lol:

Naa just kidding looks great - especially like the 240Z's (grandad!) :)

Lol, you might be right. :p:lol: Thank goodness we don't all perform the Haka over hear, although I'm sure people in other countries must all think we're heathens. :lol:

Incidentally that 240z is absolutely stunning. You could even eat off the engine bay, sorry, no pics of the engine bay on Sunday. :lol:

Looks like another great meet Immy with some fabulous scenery. Appears your winter is not as bad as our summer :lol:

Must be good, must be good in Summer and not post any NZ scenery pics in the UK Winter. :lol: Yes, we are very spoiled here that's for sure, scenery, stunning safe beaches everywhere, hot summers. :dummy::lol:

What rear bumper/lip is this? Anyone?

Oops sorry BM, almost missed your question. He's running the whole JP kit. Can find which particular one if you want. :)

Ah, will gimme something to put into Google...

You might need a little CF insert on the kit somewhere though. :p:lol: