Slipping clutch

YHTM

My clutch has been slipping over the last few weeks, progressively getting worse so that now it's almost impossible to accelerate without slip in any gear. Been to Nissan who want £700 to replace with stock! Also been looking at replacing with an Exedy kit through my usual garage.

1st issue for me is that a worn clutch plate's symptoms involve the rank smell, there's no smell at all with mine so a bit loathe to go for clutch replacement (only done 20k miles) if it is maybe an oil leak.

2nd issue is what type of Exedy clutch kit to go for if necessary? I def don't want anything that is hard work, I don't do track days and living in London involves constant gear changing, yes I know southern softie!

Any Exedy users recommend a kit and is Alex cheapest?

If you need a new clutch the Exeddy is great, its also easier on the leg muscles IMO. I would be careful about using it too much if the clutch has gone as the flywheel may also become an issue.

The good news is that from memory I had the lightweight clutch and flywheel fitted at a price that shouldnt scare you having already had the dealer price.

The prices change rapidly with exchange rates etc so I wont quote my prices, it was a while ago.

My clutch has been slipping over the last few weeks, progressively getting worse so that now it's almost impossible to accelerate without slip in any gear. Been to Nissan who want £700 to replace with stock! Also been looking at replacing with an Exedy kit through my usual garage.

1st issue for me is that a worn clutch plate's symptoms involve the rank smell, there's no smell at all with mine so a bit loathe to go for clutch replacement (only done 20k miles) if it is maybe an oil leak.

2nd issue is what type of Exedy clutch kit to go for if necessary? I def don't want anything that is hard work, I don't do track days and living in London involves constant gear changing, yes I know southern softie!

Yes mine are the cheapest and are a direct replacement for stock :thumbs:

I also have Fidanza lightened aluminium flys and they are also the cheapest in the UK.

All good to go next day.

It will not be oil contamination which is causing the slip.

Pm me if you require further help with this. :)

Alex. :thumbs:

Exedy offers an OEM replacement clutch kit, or they also offer a Sport version, which has a stronger pressure plate compared to stock, to hold more torque. Both are quite easy to use, and will be direct replacements. I would avoid driving the car if the slipping is that severe, as you risk ruining the stock flywheel, which is extremely expensive to replace (it cannot be resurfaced as it's a dual mass unit).