The Stupid Things We Say...

Danny 350Z

I was driving up the A1 out of London today and a car didn't give way and entered a roundabout millimetres from my bumper to which I had to slam on the Brembo's. This car then subsequently cut me up on the same roundabout. I pulled along side and in the split second I realised she was a learner driver in a fully badged up Driving School car I shouted 'LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!' What a nob! :blush:

I was driving up the A1 out of London today and a car didn't give way and entered a roundabout millimetres from my bumper to which I had to slam on the Brembo's. This car then subsequently cut me up on the same roundabout. I pulled along side and in the split second I realised she was a learner driver in a fully badged up Driving School car I shouted 'LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!' What a nob! :blush:

:lol:

are you sure you were going round it the correct way Danny? :lol:

:p I think so.... anticlockwise....?................The Germans dont do Roundabouts. It confuses them. The South Africans actually call Roundabouts 'Circles' and Traffic Lights 'Robots' as one army recruit once told me, for a useless piece of non-trivia. :headhurt:

i seriously don't get it! but then i don't know my left from my right. Am i right in thinking you can navigate the big roundabout by going round it the wrong way while going round the little roundabouts the right way? So effectively if you go right round the first little roundabout you can get to the last exit without going all the way around the big roundabout? :wacko:

p.s i have seriously just taken a migraine tablet...........

i seriously don't get it! but then i don't know my left from my right. Am i right in thinking you can navigate the big roundabout by going round it the wrong way while going round the little roundabouts the right way? So effectively if you go right round the first little roundabout you can get to the last exit without going all the way around the big roundabout? :wacko:

Pretty much, you can go around it the wrong way to get to where your going :D If your going right on the roundabout then its a lot quicker than going right around it

It is very clever & once youv'e used it a few times it becomes easy.

by the looks of things you can just carry on like a normal roundabout round the outside ring of it if you wish making it no different to a normal one. however there are shorter routes to your destination by cutting through the mini roundabouts. say you wanted to take the last exit for example, you would turn right on the first mini roundabout, take the right hand lane going into the next mini roundabout and turn right. :thumbs: