Bluetooth problems...

Zednick666

Hi, just got myself a bluetooth unit and all installed absolutely fine, voice recognition setup etc...

However... after a call, it won't exit phone mode i.e. won't go back to stereo. I've tried pressing the phone button, pressing the voice button, fiddling with the stereo - nothing!

The only way I can get stereo back on is either picking up the phone and disconnecting bluetooth (what's the point of hands-free??) or switching the engine off.

Surely I'm missing something - anyone please point me in the right direction?

Seems odd :wacko:

I presume you have the manual, but if not here it is:

http://www.350z-uk.com/downloads/KE283- ... manual.pdf

On the odd occasion I have found that if I have dialled a number before getting into the car (out of bluetooth range, I thought) and it was not answered but on having started the car the PHONE message stays lit rather than going out after a few seconds, as it should. The only way to clear it was to ring the number again and then end the call knowing I was definitely within bluetooth range. The only reason I am telling you this in your case is to see whether you can clear the PHONE message by using the red button on your phone, as well as/instead of the telephone switch on the steering wheel, to see if that works, just in case the bluetooth is not registering the call has ended for some reason?

Are you sure the telephone button is fully working? Try the re-dial procedure to see if that works (page 3 in the manual).

Otherwise :surrender:

Hi, cheers for all responses & for the manual (i didn't have it!). Just tried again and all buttons work, sat outside and:

Used voice dialling to phone home - fine

Phoned the car from my landline - fine

Redial function - fine

But each time, even though the call has ended the 'Phone' function is fixed on the radio. I can either end the call from the landline end, or using the steering wheel button - the mobile then hangs up as instructed, but still no radio. :angry: pi$$ing me off!

The phone's a Sony Ericsson C902

Hi, cheers for all responses & for the manual (i didn't have it!). Just tried again and all buttons work, sat outside and:

Used voice dialling to phone home - fine

Phoned the car from my landline - fine

Redial function - fine

But each time, even though the call has ended the 'Phone' function is fixed on the radio. I can either end the call from the landline end, or using the steering wheel button - the mobile then hangs up as instructed, but still no radio. :angry: pi$$ing me off!

The phone's a Sony Ericsson C902

OK, but try ending the call on the phone itself rather than the steering whel button, to see if that clears the radio - its not what you should have to do but if you at least get your music back its half a result.

Perhaps someone on here who has the same phone as you can help out :)

Is this the standard blue tooth adapter then paired with your mobile ? should not be having these issues :wacko:

I never bothered with the voice dialing ect... but mine works fine on recieving calls and outgoing ect..

There has been issues with different phones cause issues ie volume levels and ending calls depending on what model phone you are using. I suggest you get another phone/borrow and try that for a day and you may have it working fine. :D

it might seem a bit silly, but just to be sure, which button are you pressing to end the call?

The one that opens the call won't close it, you need to press the other one next to it

my car is paired to a nokia, but i've got a C905 as well, so will try to pair that tomorrow and see if it all works ok.

Hi, just got myself a bluetooth unit and all installed absolutely fine, voice recognition setup etc...

However... after a call, it won't exit phone mode i.e. won't go back to stereo. I've tried pressing the phone button, pressing the voice button, fiddling with the stereo - nothing!

The only way I can get stereo back on is either picking up the phone and disconnecting bluetooth (what's the point of hands-free??) or switching the engine off.

Surely I'm missing something - anyone please point me in the right direction?

used to have this problem sometimes with a old phone. It's as if it looses bluetooth connection. Try putting the phone in the cubby beside the adapter. It may be just that your phone isn't fully compatible. Not all phones are.

moved

• 9 months later...

Was a solution to this found? I've just got a 2006 350z, it came with the cradle and adapter. It connects to my Blackberry Pearl when I get in the car but the stereo sticks in phone mode so unless I disconnect my bluetooth connection I cant get music - not great! Any help would be appreciated (the phone connects fine to my bluetooth headset so I dont think it's an issue with the phone). :headhurt:

Was a solution to this found? I've just got a 2006 350z, it came with the cradle and adapter. It connects to my Blackberry Pearl when I get in the car but the stereo sticks in phone mode so unless I disconnect my bluetooth connection I cant get music - not great! Any help would be appreciated (the phone connects fine to my bluetooth headset so I dont think it's an issue with the phone). :headhurt:

I use a blackberry storm and it works perfectly. When you start the ignition at the turn key position one I find it needs a second to auto pair and BLEEP and then I start the engine and then it switches straight to the radio fine.