ESR bonnet damper Pic required

rtbiscuit

High Guys, i have Ian's bonnet dampers, but have no fitting instructions, have a rough idea of how they fit, just want to see some pics of them fitted to make sure i have brackets the right way round, and which way up to put the damper etc.

I'm sure it's damper body to the bonnet and the brackets only sit comfortably one way. I don't think it's possible to fit them wrong with out knowing Rich.

I had no instructions and put them together.

I'm sure it's damper body to the bonnet and the brackets only sit comfortably one way. I don't think it's possible to fit them wrong with out knowing Rich.

I had no instructions and put them together.

it was more which way round the damper went i.e body to the bonnet as you said, just worked that out,

just need to know which side of the bracket it attaches to i.e the side nearest the engine or the side nearest the outside of the engine bay, (if that makes sense)

i think its the outside

just i tried to fit them before i went away (admittedly had only one fitted and the damper was on upside down, but i couldn't get the bonnet to shut, it was like i had wedged it open with a stick. i may have been being too gentle with it. i'll try a re fit and put them on the right way and see if it makes a difference.

ah interesting martin, i have the exact same top mounts into the bonnet, but i don't have the bottom mounts into the car.

maybe mine is a different set. should be fine going direct into the body as the screw fixing fits perfectly.

cheers martin, might have to make up some new brackets in the workshop.

i'll try it with out to start with and see how i get on. if its not happy then i'll fabricate up some new ones.

should be able to work out the sizes form the pic if i have to go down that route.