delivery from america, pleh!

Husky

so this is the status of the dials being delivered:

Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 10, 2009, 1:59 pm, GREAT BRITAIN

At Foreign Delivery Unit, August 10, 2009, 2:15 am, GREAT BRITAIN

Out of Foreign Customs, August 08, 2009, 9:20 am, GREAT BRITAIN

Into Foreign Customs, August 05, 2009, 11:13 pm, GREAT BRITAIN

Arrived Abroad, August 05, 2009, 7:00 pm, GREAT BRITAIN

International Dispatch, August 04, 2009, 3:53 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Arrival

Processed through Sort Facility, August 03, 2009, 5:39 pm, BUFFALO, NY 14240

Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 03, 2009

its the attempted delivery part im not happy about, i have no card or slip of paper at all! :( my letter box isnt really that obvious so im worried they wont find it now if they are quite thick! (doesnt take a genius when my neighbors are 33 and 29, hmmm where could 31 be....). does anyone know where i find the depot for USPS, or will they use a random courier over here. all i can find on thier site is an endless list of FAQ's.

Chances are they will use RM over here if its come from USPS.

Who has sent it over? Best bet is to contact the seller and find out what service was used. If it was Adam then he uses UPS which are very good for tracking etc.

it was black cat customs so they used

http://www.usps.com/

My guess is that they will use Royal Mail then. What is the format of the tracking number? When I order stuff from HK and it comes via their eqivelant to RM, I can use their site, then when it hits the UK can use RM site to track it.

E.g. AA 9999 9999 9AA

its the attempted delivery part im not happy about, i have no card or slip of paper at all! :( my letter box isnt really that obvious so im worried they wont find it now if they are quite thick! (doesnt take a genius when my neighbors are 33 and 29, hmmm where could 31 be....). does anyone know where i find the depot for USPS, or will they use a random courier over here. all i can find on thier site is an endless list of FAQ's.

USPS use Parcelforce to handle UK deliveries.

You're quite lucky in that Coventry is the UK hub for post/mail and parcels from outside the UK so it will be not far from you.

Give the tracking number to your nearest depot, chances are they have it there :)

USPS use Parcelforce to handle UK deliveries.

You're quite lucky in that Coventry is the UK hub for post/mail and parcels from outside the UK so it will be not far from you.

Give the tracking number to your nearest depot, chances are they have it there :)

Oh mate you are a lifesaver!! i can breath out now :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

coventry airport is good for one thing, speedy post ;) seeing as it exists for no other purpose.

ok so good news, i just tracked it with parcelforce! and its at the coventry depot.

bad news

10-08-2009 13:59 Coventry Depot Awaiting payment of charges 10-08-2009 02:15 Coventry Depot Arrived at delivery depot

08-08-2009 09:20 International Hub En route to delivery depot

08-08-2009 08:17 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES

05-08-2009 23:13 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING

05-08-2009 23:13 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES

05-08-2009 19:00 International Hub Arrived in destination country

05-08-2009 09:01 Heathrow Airport Arrived at destination country

04-08-2009 15:53 Delivery Agent - NEW YORK -PTT Left origin country

03-08-2009 10:45 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

:bang: this mean i owe them something then?

ok so good news, i just tracked it with parcelforce! and its at the coventry depot.

bad news

10-08-2009 13:59 Coventry Depot Awaiting payment of charges 10-08-2009 02:15 Coventry Depot Arrived at delivery depot

08-08-2009 08:17 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES

03-08-2009 10:45 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

:bang: this mean i owe them something then?

You owe them some import charges ;)

sigh, welcome to the world of delvieries from abroad i assume? :rolleyes:

but the fact they havent left me a note is stupid. lazy ar**'s

btw: for the delivery of the centre gauges i bought on ebay the other day, delivered by royal mail, the same day as i got 10M of usb cable delivered, the postie just left it all on the doorstep.

Indeed its a bit of a lottery. They can mark it as a gift or low value item, so no charges, but it means if something happens in transit and its lost/damaged, you cant claim for it - or not the full amount anyway. Chances are they wont have tried to deliver it, just the US system cant handle it past it being "delivered" to the UK. The other one says you have charges to pay, which usually means they will contact you and take payment. With UPS they had my mobile number, so called me and took payment over the phone. If they dont have contact details, I beleive they send a letter asking for payment to the delivery address and once that is cleared they release the parcel. I think you can have it delivered to the local post office and pay for it there. Not 100% sure thats the case though.

Indeed its a bit of a lottery. They can mark it as a gift or low value item, so no charges, but it means if something happens in transit and its lost/damaged, you cant claim for it - or not the full amount anyway. Chances are they wont have tried to deliver it, just the US system cant handle it past it being "delivered" to the UK. The other one says you have charges to pay, which usually means they will contact you and take payment. With UPS they had my mobile number, so called me and took payment over the phone. If they dont have contact details, I beleive they send a letter asking for payment to the delivery address and once that is cleared they release the parcel. I think you can have it delivered to the local post office and pay for it there. Not 100% sure thats the case though.

Chris is quite right. You can call them and pay by phone as long as you have the reference number. :)

i would be just as quick turning up on thier doorstep you think? its at the top of cov so only 15 mins away. if i take loads of ID i would hope they can sort it, the only thing its i have no note or such like so they may not like it.

i would be just as quick turning up on thier doorstep you think? its at the top of cov so only 15 mins away. if i take loads of ID i would hope they can sort it, the only thing its i have no note or such like so they may not like it.

I'd call ahead. If they dont know you are coming, it might be packed away somewhere. I've had that with Citylink before and had to come back later when they had fished it out.

don't panic mr. Mannering :lol:

i had this with an order from Z1 auto in the states,

goes by USPS arrives here, message on Net says tired to deliver, no calling card, panic, etc etc, yep been there.

end result is that parcel force send you a proper letter through the post to say your item has outstanding charges, then you can go and collect.

you'll just have to wait for the letter. ;)

don't panic mr. Mannering :lol:

i had this with an order from Z1 auto in the states,

goes by USPS arrives here, message on Net says tired to deliver, no calling card, panic, etc etc, yep been there.

end result is that parcel force send you a proper letter through the post to say your item has outstanding charges, then you can go and collect.

you'll just have to wait for the letter. ;)

OK i'll settle down, hold my breath again and be patient. i may go blue then die before anything happens though.

what a slow system, erg :dummy:

Oh mate you are a lifesaver!! i can breath out now :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

coventry airport is good for one thing, speedy post ;) seeing as it exists for no other purpose.

No worries. Parcelforce will send you a letter for payment of charges unlike the post office who will actually come to your door and ask for payment, this slows the process down somewhat.

They won't have tried to deliver it - the US system handles the responses on there tracking system from Parcelforce differently.

Best way to do it is to go to the depot that has your parcel and pay them direct and they'll give you it then and there :)