Open headers 350Z

Husky

not that im planning on installing open headers, im just curious?

Does anyone know what would happen if you were running a 350z on open headers?

Will it run?

How will performance be affected?

will it damage the engine?

I have heard things about back pressure not being present and not being able to completely remove the exaust gasses from the cylinders or something of that nature but thats all im aware of. like i say just curious :)

I have no idea whether it will run, or if so how long for, but sweet baby jesus it will be loud if you go for what most people reffer to as open headers.

Basically its a dumping of the exhaust before it goes through any of that cat, silencer or pipe nonsense under the car.

Totally illegal and incredibly stupidly offensively.. loud. :lol:

Totally illegal and incredibly stupidly offensively.. loud. :lol:

Now you have made it sound interesting :teeth:

I had a stage2 tuned ford engine in my youth, all nicely lightened and balanced and hand-built. I used to take of the exhaust at the manifold for Santa Pod runs. I also had to remove a section of the bonnet and use a fire blanket to prevent under-bonnet incineration! It was only a high compression 1.6 but the noise was huge (with an odd glopping/popping noise at low revs), but the 6 inch blue flames shooting out of the head made it all worthwhile. I can't even begin to think what the Z would produce. Birds would fall stunned out of the sky :lol:

Didnt someone put a video up of the engine running with nothing attached from the manifold? Didnt seem to make much difference on the noise... but I guess thats down to having nothing for it to resonate from! off to youtube for a listen!

Didnt someone put a video up of the engine running with nothing attached from the manifold? Didnt seem to make much difference on the noise... but I guess thats down to having nothing for it to resonate from! off to youtube for a listen!

I remember a seeing some silly Yank running a Yank tank with nothing but headers and cats and the cats fell apart and came flying out the back :lol:

Cant hear this at work - whats it like

i'd seen that b4, the guys on the vid seem to have a few grnis from it but as always with exhaust stuff the mic is completely drowned by the volume :teeth: can only be a good sign!

this is sounding like something worth hearing at some point :bounce: