filter?

stichy

my car has got a nismo s tune sticker on the air box, but std filter in there,

is it worth me getting a nismo replacement?

or an induction kit?

i was just thinking the nismo filter was made to work best with my nismo exhaust,

developed and tested together.

I think you would need all the other nismo pits that go inbetween to "work best" as there are a few things in the way that will stop that!

Someone ma have had an s-tune filter in there before and at a service they have done a replacement for a stock one as they dont supply them in the uk as standard!

What year have you got? The 06+ single box and filter is proven to be one of the best air boxs around.. Others are just for noise..

I have the HKS super hybrid filter which is suposed to flow 30% more ;) £36 from sumo power or envy.

I aggree the air box is very good but unfortunately i would have to go for a CAI to accomodate my Cusco oil catch can :p

you can have it then Stich.

stichy: What are you trying to achieve by swapping it? Its been widely proven that the stock airbox has more than enough flow for the car to take, even when tuned (bar FI of course!). So if you want performance then dont bother swapping it at all. If you want noise, then short ram intakes (popcharger etc) are the noisiest, but suffer from a bit of heat soak when stationary. CAI elimitate this, but some say the extra length adds extra resistance to the intake charge which slows it down and flows less. Dont know if thats true. Fortunately though being an import, there is no washer bottle for you to remove if you want to fit a CAI.

if sticking with a panel filter, I'd recommend the K&N Panel Filter. You can re oil this so no need to every replace it again. Also increased air flow over the OEM item. MJP sells the filters and the Re Oil Kits

if sticking with a panel filter, I'd recommend the K&N Panel Filter. You can re oil this so no need to every replace it again. Also increased air flow over the OEM item. MJP sells the filters and the Re Oil Kits

+1 : As you dont want to be replacing the airbox, a K&N is the default option :thumbs:

I would imagine the Nismo have the Million Mile warrenty like K&N Unless you are thinking of doing some serious miles

I don't think they are as its made from paper

Nismo ones are made from Foam (Reticulated Polyether Foam.) :thumbs:

So after looking at the Envy website i saw this

http://www.z-store.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse ... rentCat=17

Is that really going to improve performance if the standard box provides more air flow than needed? Im really looking to either maintain or enhance performance but just add a little sound as well. This one seemed like a good compromise as orignially i was after the AEM V2 but if the added length means less air flow im not so keen.

Sorry if this has been covered but new to this forum stuff! Did try searching but im useless :lol:

Is that really going to improve performance if the standard box provides more air flow than needed? Im really looking to either maintain or enhance performance but just add a little sound as well. This one seemed like a good compromise as orignially i was after the AEM V2 but if the added length means less air flow im not so keen.

Sorry if this has been covered but new to this forum stuff! Did try searching but im useless :lol:

It's all really irrelevant unless you have a piggyback ECU or remap as the ECU is highly adaptive and will negate anything you stick on it after a short period of time. I would say 90% of the people on here have induction kits purely for the noise it makes.

The rest have modified their ECU's to accept the power gains.

R

I got one of these recently:

Cosworth panel filter:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cosworth-Air-Filt ... 286.c0.m14

After swapping it the induction sound did seem a bit louder and the car seems a bit perkier. Could be a placebo effect though and I was replacing a stock air filter that had seen 6 months of use.

They only make them for pre 06 cars though...