Calling Rob Quads or any other ICE enthusiast!

BulletMagnet

Right, first off, I'm asking for a friend who has just bought a JDM Honda Civic Type-R (EP3).

It came with a Panasonic double din touchscreen headunit and of course everything is in japanese, not a problem tho so far.

My mate managed to figure out how to play CD's and also is trying to get the HDD audio source thing to work, but the one thing he cannot get to work is the radio.

I told him that he needs a frequency expander in order to receive the UK radio stations.

Now my question is where would one get one from and can it be used with this kind of headunit?

Is install fairly straight forward?

Thanks for anybody that has advice on this.

Bullet

its a simple fit mate - it plugs inbetween your car and the aerial input on the headunit. You then need to attach the power cable to the power cable on the head unit - nice and easy. Will take you 10 secs if you already have the head unit out.

All it does is expand the frequency so you will pick up UK stations but the head unit will still display the dodgy numbers. So for example you may find Kiss 100 is on 93.2 or something like that but once you save them all as presets its no bother.

As said before ebay for a few quid is the way to go!