Drifting at Buxton Raceway vids + crash pics!!

marzman

Hey all,

As some of you know, my mates and i have recently taken up drifting :teeth: . We bought an RX7 and took it to Oulton Park last weekend and had some fun! (actually, i'll post the vid of it i made again here, as not many people were looking at the Oulton Park thread...!)

Anyway, we went up to Buxton Raceway for a DWYB day today... although we didnt take the rex - and boy am i glad!! There's no chance it would have been able to do it!! I spoke to one of the guys running it (i dont know his name, but he was one of the instructors at Oulton last week) and he said you'd need to be pushing 300bhp to enjoy it properly. He tried to talk me into taking the zed on track - yeh right!!

So i was there for about 45mins, and during that time i saw a nice S13 go into the wall and wreck the front wing/light/bonnet/bumper... and an e36 lose its front bumper (vid 2 below!). Not a cheap sport i dont think!

However, the power being put down by the 200sx's is immense! They looked and sounded so rapid... i want one :blush:

My drifting at Oulton Park, again. ;)

This was most definitely a more pro event that what i've been to... i go to the 'introduction to drifting' on an easy course...

Check out this thread for everyone's car suggestions...

looking back now, i wish i'd bought an e30 bmw. Definitely try and get into it though mate - its awesome!

Ow nasty, but i think my attempt at drifting on the way back from the wales run beats that :doh: I will post pics soon now that i can joke about it :lol: Still gutted though, but now i have a replacement i can look back and realise that the zed needs to be driven with respect.