Scots hotel advice required post Hoon run

stanski

Hi folks - hot on the heels of Cara's Inverness thread we started thinking where we will stay for a couple of nights following the Hoon run in September since thats only a month away.

But we would like some advice ..............

After Fort Augustus we fancy staying somewhere over between Lochcarron and, Gairloch following the A896 towards the coast - can anyone recommend somewhere nice and a good reasonably priced B&B or Hotel?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Hi folks - hot on the heels of Cara's Inverness thread we started thinking where we will stay for a couple of nights following the Hoon run in September since thats only a month away.

But we would like some advice ..............

After Fort Augustus we fancy staying somewhere over between Lochcarron and, Gairloch following the A896 towards the coast - can anyone recommend somewhere nice and a good reasonably priced B&B or Hotel?

Many thanks in advance. :)

We had also planned something similar, but must admit to looking at staying a fair bit further north around Ullapool or even Kylesku, (I have checked out some places to stay there), so that we can then get to the north coast to tour along to J O' Groats and back to the accommodation comfortably the following day. Currently waiting for Stew to let me know what he might be doing as it depends on Jaynes availability :)

Gairloch Stan, it's lovely and has some variety for eating etc. I'll get you the name of a cracking B&B I've stayed in there.

Also, feel free to use the local Builders merchant / hardware store in Gairloch too as Jaynes Uncle owns it!

Colin, I'm up for Ullapool!

Gairloch Stan, it's lovely and has some variety for eating etc. I'll get you the name of a cracking B&B I've stayed in there.

Also, feel free to use the local Builders merchant / hardware store in Gairloch too as Jaynes Uncle owns it!

Colin, I'm up for Ullapool!

Thanks Stew :thumbs:

Hey just because I happen to own a cement mixer and a white van and do lots of building does'nt mean I want to sleep at a builders merchants on holiday! :lol::p