Just bought a 350z - can I have some help with a c

StokieShinobi

Hi all. Just bought a sunset orange 54 plate 350z. Absolutely love it. Can I have some help with a few queries...

1. I want to change the orange indicator bulbs and orangey sidelights but there appears to be no way of getting at them. How do you access the back of the headlight unit?

2. The passenger outer door seal is coming off (the strip that goes from the wingmirror to the b pillar on the outside bottom of the window) - is this common? Is dealer best place to get another one of these?

3. The gear knob is worn - again is dealer best place for this and is it easy to remove?

4. And finally I see in the service records its had its p2 service - is this the cambelt one? The car has done 63k - I'd imagine the major cambelt service has been done? It has a full service history but no receipts so don't know if cambelt needs doing

Thanks in advance for any help :)

:welcome: to the forum.

1. Changing the bulbs is tight, but slackening off the healight bolt at the rear of the headlight helps ;)

2. Dont know and never heard of it happening before. :wacko:

3. Easy to remove but a replacement from the dealers will cost a fortune, better to get an aftermarket one like a Nismo. :)

4. The zed as no cambelt ;)

:welcome:

Indicator bulb is easy - Undo screw at the top of the light & you can move the light forward a bit. Then you can just turn the bulb, remove & fit the new bulb & then just put it back in. its about a 10minute job :thumbs:

What part of your gear knob is worn - is it the leather surround or the metallic part at the top where the gear numbers are? If it is the top where the numbers are you can actually lightly remove all the laquer with some metal polish and cloth to reveal the nice aluminium underneath. That's what I did because it is a common problem that all gear knobs laquer peels off. It looks as it should have done from the factory now.

As far as I know you have to remove the "plating" inside the wheel arch to get access to the side reflectors and the headlights. Should only be a few small bolts - you will have to turn the wheel (to the left or right) giving you room so you can remove the wheel arch plating. Very awkward I know but only way to do it.

What part of your gear knob is worn - is it the leather surround or the metallic part at the top where the gear numbers are? If it is the top where the numbers are you can actually lightly remove all the laquer with some metal polish and cloth to reveal the nice aluminium underneath. That's what I did because it is a common problem that all gear knobs laquer peels off. It looks as it should have done from the factory now.

As far as I know you have to remove the "plating" inside the wheel arch to get access to the side reflectors and the headlights. Should only be a few small bolts - you will have to turn the wheel (to the left or right) giving you room so you can remove the wheel arch plating. Very awkward I know but only way to do it.

Brilliant! Yes it is the metallic with the gear numbers on. What do you recommed for bringing it back up to scratch? Can you link me to the type of product I need? Much appreciated

Yeah searched the web and it seems taking wheel off and getting at them from inside the wheel arch is best way - I will try this. Thanks for all your help