Sony Vaio Help

martinmac

I have a Sony Vaio VGN_AR21S laptop and its a great piece of kit, or it was until the motherboard failed. It just under 4 years old so out of warranty.

The local computer shop has had it for three weeks and has been unable to find a replacement from any of there suppliers, apparently its too old. :blush:

The board would be about £500 new if I could get one but compared to the cost of the laptop new its just about worth it.

Anyone got any ideas on sourcing a replacement. Any clever guy that wants to take this on then feel free to offer.

Also, is it really worth repairing, if anything else goes wrong I may be in the same boat again.

Oh, and for the clever ones, please reply in English :surrender:

I have bought a little acer to keep at work, or at least Acer and I have a sharing agreement, they have it for two weeks fixing it and they let me have it for a few days to find out what is wrong with it after the latest fix :rant:

This will be sorted soon though.

I just dont like throwing things away I guess :blush:

I can ask Amanda's brother, he sources hard to find electonic parts. Granted its usually chips and not whole boards, but I can ask. You will most definately be better off buying a new laptop for £500 than replacing the board though :blush:

These are the men in the know apparenty ....

Analogic Computers (UK) Ltd

0208 546 9575

Unit 8

Ashway Centre,

Elm Crescent

Kingston-upon-Thames,

Surrey

Call these guys…

Give them a call I guess!! :D