Audi A5

Husky

twas a diesel one i was in today, i was sat staring at the interior for a couple of hours doing some static brake switch testing so no major fun and investigation but omg i didnt need to. if i were looking round garages and got in that i would get straight back out, its horrible inside. heres a brochure pic.

08_audi_a5_interior.jpg

basically my biggest problem is that mess in the middle around the gear stick. i was in an auto but it looks not far off in that pic where the gear stick sits.

so:

-The gear stick when in park means you cant actually use the controls infront of it as its so close to the fascia, which includes the AC control and other temperature related things.

-The temperature controls are definately not the best laid out things in the world :blink: quite confusing to operate. you have to press either the fan, vent location, heated seat, or temp and then adjust it, there is a set on either side for passenger and driver with a dail each. so god forbid you want to change them at once, you'll have to take turns as the screen can only cope with one at a time.

-This leads me onto the drab boring screen, it looks dated, i know its not essential but some graphics would be nice, not just a bundle of text and a tiny line drawing.

-the main rotary control can be clicked to select but also has four buttons round it for more selection and to top it off a further button behind it to go back a screen, which is neatly sandwiched between the radio station skip fwd back butons. so while playing with it i kept hitting station change :thumbdown: oh and adding further to this mess you have to highlight one of the 8 buttons dotted round the knob defining what screen you want; radio, nav, setup, phone, etc. i felt like touch typing was a requirement for owning this vehicle.

-the vents have very little range of movement so sod being able to aim them where you want.

-the starting system felt very unnatural and i found myself getting confused at first. basically you can use the keyless system and engine start button, all very normal. but on the dash is a slot for the key, no problems here... however when you push the key in it clicks into place and pushing it a bit firther the engine starts. I didnt want that to happen!! :scare: may mate was connecting up the cables in the engine bay, he cacked himself :lol: at first i didnt know why it had started and thought my mate had done something in the engine bay. Why have 2 methods for starting the car??? :blink:

- the boot required a fair amount of force to get it to shut and just run away if you didnt get it all the way closed, it shoots back up with the power of a medieval siege weapon.

overall i wasnt impressed and really didnt care that i wasnt able to take it out on the road :yuck:

Audi A5... Epic fail :bangin:

I feel that most of the German marques have dull, albeit well built, and fussy (buttons all in odd places etc) interiors. The A5 exterior looked OK in the ads, but in the flesh I think it's about as boring as they could've made it, then someone put a squiggle down the side of it to try and put some 'style' into it. Would take a Merc CL any day!

i actually want one... REALLY BAD!! hahahah well the S5 more so... but still i think there stunning in and out. i gota detailing buddy with a blue S5 and its stunning.. in and out...

:boxing:

hehehhe

-ho

Quite agree. I've got a pal with a black S5 and I think it looks and sounds :wub: !

Well im not suprised. The Audi A5 came bottom of the 2009 'new car warranty' reliability tables. Owners have reported significant electrical problems, infact alot of german cars were at the bottom, not a single one in the top 10. Whilst at the opposite end of the scale, the new Honda Accord came in #1 with 99.5% of its models fault free.

Well im not suprised. The Audi A5 came bottom of the 2009 'new car warranty' reliability tables. Owners have reported significant electrical problems, infact alot of german cars were at the bottom, not a single one in the top 10. Whilst at the opposite end of the scale, the new Honda Accord came in #1 with 99.5% of its models fault free.

And 99.5% excitement free too! :lol:

Mocking the interior of another car when you own a Zed? Glass houses, stone throwing and all that ;):lol:

I'd happily live with an Audi interior over a BMW or Merc one any day. Those latter two just leave me utterly cold (new Z4 excluded, I really like the inside of that).