Ebay rip off.......

nixy

My son bought a mugen grille for his type R from a private seller off ebay. His car is in the body shop getting some bits sprayed and fitted including this grille. Bodyshop guy phoned to say that no way will it fit! He paid the seller cash for it - is there any point whatsoever contacting him or ebay to try and get any money back? The seller must have known it wouldn't fit!

Yep - try contacting the seller via ebay and asking if a refund can be arranged - you never know they may have sent the wrong item, or perhaps shipped one for a different model civic, or just have made a genuine mistake.

If that fails then get a photo showing why the item is unusable (i.e. showing that it clearly wont fit), and raise a complaint via ebay. :thumbs:

only way to find out is to contact him, tell hinm goods weren't sold as advertised, you want to send the item back and get a refund, if this doesn't work, try ebay.

Yes i've told him to do that, as there's nothing to lose in trying. He's already had it sprayed as well........ :dry:

only way to find out is to contact him, tell hinm goods weren't sold as advertised, you want to send the item back and get a refund, if this doesn't work, try ebay.

Yes i've told him to do that, as there's nothing to lose in trying. He's already had it sprayed as well........ :dry:

:doh: can't believe someone didn't test fit before spraying

Yeah, can you believe it? But not his fault really. Its not a case of sent the wrong item, the guy said it had come off his own type R which he had written off. More like it didn't fit his either so he put it on ebay........

Yeah, can you believe it? But not his fault really. Its not a case of sent the wrong item, the guy said it had come off his own type R which he had written off. More like it didn't fit his either so he put it on ebay........

you may find he's going to be awkward on this.

other option is stick it back up on ebay, if it doesn't fit your sons civic, it must have come from a nother model. find out and sell it for the correct car, and as painted.

There is no recourse via ebay. You can complain but nothing can be done.

He was very clever in getting your son to pay cash as he probably knew if it was via paypal you can raise an Item Not As Described dispute and 99% of the time the buyer wins (much to my annoyance).

Some mugen grilles, especially the replica variety require a little trimming of the bumper to fit.....

Also don't forget there are 2 types of mugen grilles, ones for facelift CTRS and ones for pre-facelift CTRS....... the two are not interchangeable so make sure it’s the right one :thumbs:

But good luck getting your money back, definitely contact the seller and see what’s what ;)

Likely to be more hassle/cost arguing the toss than seeling the item on, but identifying first excactly what model it fits. ;)

Hey Nic, if is this the same son who had the m/c incident in Wales - he's not having a great time of things is he :headhurt:

Colin, if he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have ANY. His last disaster was selling a full set of rossi replica bike fairing (for the R6 he wrote off.....). He took payment by paypal, lost his proof of posting and buyer said he never received it. So he ended up losing his fairing AND the money! He's a walking talking disaster area........... :lol: I have lost count of how many life lessons he has learned but hey - he's moving in with his GF soon so I'll get some peace! :thumbs:

Colin, if he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have ANY. His last disaster was selling a full set of rossi replica bike fairing (for the R6 he wrote off.....). He took payment by paypal, lost his proof of posting and buyer said he never received it. So he ended up losing his fairing AND the money! He's a walking talking disaster area........... :lol: I have lost count of how many life lessons he has learned but hey - he's moving in with his GF soon so I'll get some peace! :thumbs:

Famous last words, when he calls you up to say you're going to be a Gran and will you be up for some baby sitting :lol:

i still stand by my 2nd post on here about half way down the first page.

resell it but advertise it for the correct model ;)

its like most good performance parts, people always want them,

that will sell on no problem, especially if its already been painted.

Famous last words, when he calls you up to say you're going to be a Gran and will you be up for some baby sitting :lol:

Wash your bloody mouth out! I would die! Then go into hiding.......... :scare:

i still stand by my 2nd post on here about half way down the first page.

resell it but advertise it for the correct model ;)

its like most good performance parts, people always want them,

that will sell on no problem, especially if its already been painted.

Yeah i agree - if someone can be arsed to 'make it fit' it will sell.

I have had a few things that are dodgy from ebay and as soon as I mentioned negative feedback the seller has offered to compensate or refund. Its not worth the bad feedback as once its on there it'll make it hard for the seller to sell to anyone else.