I think I've broken my zed :(

bhavin85

Give the guy a break, big deal he hit the limiter in first gear. The car is built for this sort of driving, though 6k is a better shift point in 1st.

I agree, there's a reason there's a rev limiter. Hitting the limiter in 1st shouldn't break the car, only increase wear.

It's a sports car, drive it like one.

but surely there is no point in hitting it as power has started dropping off, the only reason i could think to stay in gear and hit it is due to a corner meaning a downshift would waste time? but hitting the limiter in a corner isnt my idea of fun. :surrender: ive never hit it before, come really close i assume but never actually hit it. its there as a saftey precaution for the engine not to be relied on as a driver aid? still accidents doo happen. :)

The rev limiter is there to keep the engine alive longer. The car would probably rev to 7 or 7.5k with relative ease if Nissan wanted it to but they keep the cost of warranty parts down and customer satisfcation up by limiting it where they feel is right. It's not ideal to keep hitting it for comfort, speed and noise reasons alone, but the engine isn't sat there spinning - it's off! That said, if the car is cold then revving the car is more damaging than warm full stop.

its happened to me once when i was test driving one, i tried to launch it off the line and basically i got axle tramp and i got an all mighty whack from the rear suspension as it went over an uneven surface on the road. never again, i thought id cracked the chassis when i heard the noise. :blush:

The rev limiter is there to keep the engine alive longer. The car would probably rev to 7 or 7.5k with relative ease if Nissan wanted it to but they keep the cost of warranty parts down and customer satisfcation up by limiting it where they feel is right. It's not ideal to keep hitting it for comfort, speed and noise reasons alone, but the engine isn't sat there spinning - it's off! That said, if the car is cold then revving the car is more damaging than warm full stop.

I agree with all Rob has said, but if I'm on it I take to the redline in every gear (track conditions permitting of course) :)

drove her to work today and she seem'd fine....every gear change was fine...took her up to 5k a few times and pulled well :thumbs:

I have set my shift indicator to 5k so as soon as it starts blinking I shift :) Im sure it was just me driving in my old style and not remembering that im driving a V6 not a 4 cylinder pocket rocket :lol:

seeing as everythings alright I figured id get some pics up :) enjoy

DSCF2296.jpg

DSCF2297.jpg

DSCF2299.jpg