Massa in 'stable but life-threatening condition'

maz77

Yeah, I cant see how anything will come of it for Brawn, it was a total accident, case of wrong place at the wrong time. I saw the in car footage replay and it didnt half clout Massa, poor bloke! Amazed he managed to be concious enough to even brake.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery :)

Very very lucky boy :headhurt:

I dont think so! If he's in an induced coma and on a respirator/life support, then thats not good at all.

The footage is on youtube - so unlucky. And i dont think he braked - he lifted off didnt he?

No, neither me. And an F1 car could stop from 200mph in a short distance - he just rolled for ages before crashing. He may have hit them momentarily when he got hit, before losing conciseness?

Either way, who cares - its bad!

No, neither me. And an F1 car could stop from 200mph in a short distance - he just rolled for ages before crashing. He may have hit them momentarily when he got hit, before losing conciseness?

Indeed :console:

By the way Chris, i was talking to a chap at Oulton Park yesterday drifting in his silver Evo... i didnt catch his name, but he said he was your mate... :thumbs:

Ben perhaps?

Indeed it was. Didnt know he was going until Tuesday last week :blush: Big question is, was he any good? :teeth:

did he have a helmet on? Cos it could have actually been amanda! :lol:

Amanda thinks 4WD is for wussies, shes a real driver :drive1:lol:

By the way Chris, i was talking to a chap at Oulton Park yesterday drifting in his silver Evo... i didnt catch his name, but he said he was your mate... :thumbs:

Ben perhaps?

Indeed it was. Didnt know he was going until Tuesday last week :blush: Big question is, was he any good? :teeth:

did he have a helmet on? Cos it could have actually been amanda! :lol:

Amanda thinks 4WD is for wussies, shes a real driver :drive1:lol:

I didnt see much of him actually - but it didnt look anywhere near as much fun as rwd... he was saying that due to the active-yaw control, you couldnt put opposite lock on as it would negate the drift... so to drift you had to keep the wheel turned in the direction of the corner and plant your foot... no steering out of it! It looked odd, and im not sure how much fun it'd be...?

His feet planted on the throttle and the brake when he was hit. The onboard footage shows the wheels locking then rolling as they fight the engine and braking power....

As per my other post about Henry Surtees the other day, Massa is very lucky. It broke Surtees' neck and killed him. Very sad.