Refurbed bonnet Dampers Finished

rtbiscuit

Ian very kindly gave me a set of bonnet dampers which were in a bit of need of some TLC so i have refurbed them for going on to my car. they maynot be to everyones taste but at the end of the day they will do the job.

as you can see from the pics they haven't weathered to well

P1000684.jpg

P1000685.jpg

P1000686.jpg

P1000687.jpg

This is one of them after i had given it a really good clean. i used a blunt metal object to scrape the paint off

P1000688.jpg

The finished articles were sprayed with smooth red hammerite. i originally wanted to use standard car paint but the damamge from the rust was still there and i didn't trust it to stay away. and thought if i had used ordinary paint it would have looked fairly similar with in 12 months.

P1000695.jpg

P1000696.jpg

P1000697.jpg

The vinyls were added because the hammerite was a bitch to apply, not as easy to spray with as normal car paint. and the finish was not as good as i wanted, so the vinyl is hiding one or too of the imperfections. but once on the car i think most people will be hard puxhed to notice., and at least it will match the engine cover :blush:

the brackets have also been resprayed black, but they are currently still drying in the garage.

will get a pic up once they are fitted