Arrghh! - Damn Bose Stereo!

Conrad

:angry::angry::angry:

My Bose stereo in the Zed is steaming pile of turd! :thumbdown:

The CD's jump really bad when the unit is cold and the sub only works every now and again, all very annoying when trying to listen to the new Kasabian album at full blast. Anyway, finally decided last week to order a single DIN fitting kit off ebay so that I could put in my Sony MP3 stereo. Just spent the last half hour struggling to get the Bose out to realise that I need some sort wiring harness as the 350Z doesn't use the standard fitment. :bangin:

Just rang the place that I bought the fascia kit from (Dynamic Sound) and they reckon there isn't a harness for the Zed that fits the Bose connectors. Is that true? They can only source a harness for the standard stereo connectors. :headhurt:

So before I start re-fitting the Bose does anyone know where I can get a Bose harness? Or if maybe I can get the Bose fixed? The car is a 53 plate so the stereo wont be covered under warranty....

A ha, cheers Rob.

Since my original post I went down to Bass Junkies and bought a Nissan harness, surprise surprise it didn't work! Looks like Sextons is the way to go, £33 quid seems a bit pricey though, hmmm. Either way I'll have to refit my Bose for the time being, taking some bird out tonight and need a stereo to help with all the awkward silences... ;)

What loom did they give you?

Unfortunately its not cheap to connect a head unit to the BOSE system. Note the extra warning about volume levels if you think its a bit quiet - you may need extra boosters, unfortunately you can't tell till you connect your head unit as its all down to the output levels of your head unit.

Not sure on the loom, just a generic Nissan one. It was all wired up incorrectly anyway, the connectors fitted but the power wires were going to speaker wires and what not...

Never noticed on the thread about the volume reductions either, I'm in two minds now. I may just try and send the single DIN fascia back and call it quits, to be honest I prefer the look of the Bose as opposed to a Single Din set-up but just wished the piece @*!# worked correctly! I may just have to make do... :dry: