My oil pressure

barny001

Hi, this is my first post so if ive put in the wrong place then i m sorry. I had my 350 serviced yesterday its an 05 and has done 50000 miles. I had new plugs which were due and the other usual bits oil change etc. Just wondering if its normal that now when i accelerate the oil gauge is movin a lot more freely, when i give it some its up around 120 psi. Is this normal or do i need to go back to garage? When cruisin about 70 the gauge is about 60 psi which it was before. Any helpwould be great. thanks.

Hi and welcome :thumbs:

You will notice the oil pressure guage will shift an awful lot more when the car is cold. Dont push it too hard when cold. Thats when you will see the needle making its way over to 120.

Cruising at 60/70 with the needle sat at 60 sounds normal. When the car is warmed up and running at idle, then anywhere between about 12 and 18 is normal.

I always think back to cars I had years ago - none had an oil pressure guage. It was a case of looking at the dipstick and if it had some, then everything was fine. he addition of a pressure guage just adds another thing to worry about :lol: