Sound project i done at school to make you laugh

rtbiscuit

its a bit of a long story but it'll make you chuckle.

i had a 6th former come and see me last week; told me his parcel shelf had snapped and could i help him make a new one. thought what the hell will only take 20 min and a piece of MDF.

any ways he turned up on the monday with his parcel shelf the first issue - it wasn't broken

second issue - he started to explain that he wanted to mount 8 6x9 speakers into his new parcel shelf and that he had designed it all out. :scare: he seemed like a nice enough lad so i thought what the hell, i can't say no to an automotive project however much its not to my taste.

anyway i asked him what it was going into, he then sheepishly told me it was for his corsa 1.2, once i had stopped laughing i sat the lad down and tried to educate him a bit on sound. managed to talk him done to 4 speakers with the possibility of adding 2 more at a later date.

we ended up building 2 triangles to mount on either side of the parcel shelf with 2 speakers in each.

its not to my taste but its an improvement on his original idea he wanted a toblerone shape all along the rear. i have managed to salvage some rear view for him.

any ways he is happy, over the moon to be precise and we've even agreed to do some vinyl work on it once its sprayed up.

i'll post up pics when he brings it back. he's got 4000 watts of power speaker wise, we had a good chat and i really enjoyed working with him, i'm hoping to convince him for his next car to go for quality over quantity.

good work rich, glad to see your keeping the kids off the streets.

I recon if more kids got into stuff like this there would be less trouble.

R

Cant you get this pyramid in the boot space rather than on show?? I got my rear window smashed and my 6x9's taken from my golf back in the day. :rant:

Sounds fun though!

good work Rich :thumbs:

Remember making the studs for the rear tyre of my beamish 325 in metalwork.... got the measurments a bit wrong for the requirment!! first run with it on, set off, rear tyre dug in, ripped and I left the whole tyre in shreds behind me!! Got it right the 4th time though... Just wish I had access to all the tools and gear again!

Kids should think themselves lucky that they have access to the tools and stuff and more importantly someone that is prepared to spend the time with them to help out and give them good advice :)

good work rich, glad to see your keeping the kids off the streets.

I recon if more kids got into stuff like this there would be less trouble.

R

Cant you get this pyramid in the boot space rather than on show?? I got my rear window smashed and my 6x9's taken from my golf back in the day. :rant:

Sounds fun though!

lol i had thiw conversation with him, but his boot space was already filled with the worlds largest twin cone sub box that filled his entire boot :lol:

told him when he wires it up to put it on bullet connectors so that he could lift the parcel shelf out. ibeleive he keeps old cloths in the back to put over the sub to hide it. :doh:

i tried really hard to go for a stealth install for that exact reason, but i could not sway him. it will be one of those lessons he learns the hard way.

as for the job, i quite enjoyed it, took to after school sessions and i would have been around anyway. i like a challenge. the other teachers didn't want to know. so close to the end of term they all like to go home early.

as for having access to tools, its why i love my job. i get paid to play in a workshop, and i have acess to vinyl cutters, laser cutters, forges, furnaces, range of hand tools, casting facilities, big power tools, and i don't have to buy them :lol:

as for having access to tools, its why i love my job. i get paid to play in a workshop, and i have acess to vinyl cutters, laser cutters, forges, furnaces, range of hand tools, casting facilities, big power tools, and i don't have to buy them :lol:

:cry:

:cry:

got access to a full textiles and electronics lab as well :p