Where and what to buy? Supplier recommendations?

ikarus

Hi all,

I should pick up my 03 fairlady z next weekend (noob). I have budget for new wheels among other things. However, it seems all the wheels that i really like (Volk SF Winning, Volk TE37, Racing Hart RS521 etc.) are REALLY expensive :headhurt:

I am struggling to find a good reasonably priced (1.5k of my gbpounds) wheel choice / supplier here in the UK.

I found wheeldude.com and saw these (19x9/10 Rota Spectrum - (5x114.3/+20/73) Full Royal Hyper Black):

sample_spectrum_hyperblackpolish_08.jpg

I like the look of these and have emailed them. I have no idea on quality etc. though.

Anyone know if its costly for shipping / tax etc to buy from accross the pond?

Also any recommendations for wheels and / or suppliers is gratefully recieved :)

Thanks in advance.

ikarus

Hi Ikarus,

We are a Rota dealer, but at the moment the UK importer doesn't bring in the spectrum, which is a copy of the Volk GT30.

I'll have a word though and see what the situation is though.

Most of the JDM wheels are around £1800-2000 at the moment unfortunately, although there is some other options available. If you don't mind not having the deep dish look, we have a set of 5Zigen ZR520+ in Chrome Silver just come in, which are a really nice choice :)

Best Regards,

Gaz.

rarerims on here are a forum sponsor and will supply rota wheels with tyres for around that price.

The rotas are made in nice designs (many copied from the most popular premium manufacturers) and have proper offsets and sizing. Most 'cheap' wheel manufacturers don't to be honest.

Contact rarerims or look in the trader section

rarerims on here are a forum sponsor and will supply rota wheels with tyres for around that price.

The rotas are made in nice designs (many copied from the most popular premium manufacturers) and have proper offsets and sizing. Most 'cheap' wheel manufacturers don't to be honest.

Contact rarerims or look in the trader section

We are too!

or envy..... :lol:

Gaz,

I'm really interested in dished rims - really favouring the Rota Spectrum's or RacingHart RS521's - For the money i would want to get the exact rims that i want - even if it means shipping. I could extend my budget a little if required - but would be buying no xmas presents this year :lol:

If you can get hold of Spectrum's??.. I have time on my hands as i don't even have the car yet!

I will give rarerims, CS and Z1 a nudge on this too. Stew, H5, thanks for the pointers.

Thanks all,

ikarus.

Ok guys,

I've been staring at wheels for far too long now. There are some i like and some i love..

I would appreciate some help in identifying some wheels though as i'm going round in circles here..

These i like: (RacingHarts?)

RacingHartRS521s22.jpg

which i think are the same as these: (same car by the looks of it)

d4f9f831.jpg

Which i'm not sure are the same as these: (Volks?)

21.jpg

which i think are the same as these:

img2409st9.jpg

I think they are Racing Hart RS521's (first 2) and Volk Progressive TE's (second 2). Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I like these but don't know what they are, not sure if i could get them here in the UK and what sort of price they would be. Also i have no idea whether these are 19in or 20in rims.

Very confused :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Thanks in advance again...

ikarus.

First couple of pics are Volk GT-7 - 19" I think - and according to the Rays website they seem to be discontinued.

The car with the stripe has Volk LE37T - definitely discontinued.

Final car has the 20" Volk TE37.

You've got a fine but expensive taste in rims, my friend. :)