A weekends labour to come

Husky

rain stopped, i started! i went balls deep and kept all my fingers crossed that the rain that was threatening didnt happen. so i got wash, clay, paint cleaner and then half through polish when it started spitting :(:cry: youve never seen someone get polish on the other half of the car as fast as i did! so i got it on but unfotunately didnt get to buff it off when it started raining. :( i hope she'll be ok!

tomorrow morning is going to have to be another full wash and then re polish her and then wax before leaving at 10am. in defiance of the rain i cleaned all the alloys and tyres and dressed the tyres with the megs stuff. they look lovely! f**k you rain! i got soaked :lol:

anyway, because it rained in the morning she didnt get the oil change, drop links or spark plugs :thumbdown: fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon!

but hey, some of the interior lighting is white now so i cant complain. :thumbs:

im going to have a bevy now, lots and lots of :drunk::lol:

:lol: Definietly sounds like you have been busy. you might have Nurrish beaten as not managed springs or HKS yet. Maybe a job for tomorrow as well.

Once you have finished yours if you fancy practising your wax record breaking time I will happily loan you my Zed. :D

:lol: Definietly sounds like you have been busy. you might have Nurrish beaten as not managed springs or HKS yet. Maybe a job for tomorrow as well.

Once you have finished yours if you fancy practising your wax record breaking time I will happily loan you my Zed. :D

:lol: i also managed a 3 hour climbing sesh this morning instead of doing car, mistake! :lol: Im broken!!

looked out the window. waters beading off and i havent even finished :cloud9:

nurrish stop slacking!!! :fishslap::p

Told you guys not to plan too much, it never goes to plan! I started my front disc and pad change Friday night, and having found one of the pad stops had oxidised stopping the pad going in, I was stumped for the night. With a bit of guidance from Alex, managed to get it off and clean it and get enough cleanace to fit the pad. Not sure I want to attempt the rears today just in case they go wrong as well and I need the car first thing Monday morning! :scare:

My Saturday morning involved changing all the Sus Wahooo. Hired a windy gun (impact wrench) from HSS, easily the best thing I have done... Oh and this is the amount of space I had to work in!!

Neighbours werent to impress though! :lol:

Photo674.jpg

Photo651.jpg

3.5hrs for a full sus change I was quite impressed. Longest task was jacking the car up!

But Im now rocking Bilstein Coilovers

Nice one Dan, more progress than I :thumbs: I take it they are adjustable? Whos going to do the setup of them for you?

And is that a scissor jack I see? Dont tell me you got the car onto axle stands using it? :scare:

No I have to scissor jack the car up to get a trolley jack under the centre jack point. Only have a halfords special trolley jack which is far to high. i need a low entry one

Ahh I see. That makes sense, Its what I would do if I need both wheels off the floor at once. I have a similar one from Wickes and they are a pain in the butt. I have to put the car on planks just to get the trolley jack under the normal jack point :thumbdown:

so the weekend is ended and i have succeded in wash/claying the car and it looks loverly. took some pics, i may hunt down the sd card reader to put them up. also got the door leds and AC control led's changed. rain stopped me doing more unfortunately so still have to change the drop links and spark plugs and oil. im paranoid i'll do something wrong as the mechanical bit is not my area :wacko: so i think subconciously im putting it off. anyone fancy giving me a hand with it ;):teeth:

To quote my mate " you need a hand changing spark plugs!! what kind of engineer are you!!"

The results of the weekends labour!

dispite the rain :)

considering in the past ive only ever cleaned using the halfords cheapy special and whatever wax if any was lying around im chuffed to bits! ;)

P1010517.jpg

P1010536.jpg

P1010539.jpg

P1010544.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010554.jpg

And is that a scissor jack I see? Dont tell me you got the car onto axle stands using it? :scare:
If I want to take the wheels off one at a time and give them a good cleaning, would a scissor jack not be the best thing to use?

I'm a total newbie when it comes to things like this! (sorry for the thread jack!)

If I want to take the wheels off one at a time and give them a good cleaning, would a scissor jack not be the best thing to use?

I'm a total newbie when it comes to things like this! (sorry for the thread jack!)

Not the best thing to use, but it would work. But you can get a trolley jack and axle stands from Wickes for next to nothing!

£3.66 trolley jack (2 tonne) - http://www.wickes.co.uk/2-Tonne-Light-D ... nvt/190381

£1.71 axel stands (2 tonne) - http://www.wickes.co.uk/2-Tonne-Foldabl ... nvt/190385

They work just fine, I used mine loads of times. The prices have really dropped, the trolley jack was a tenna when I got mine! :lol:

Not the best thing to use, but it would work. But you can get a trolley jack and axle stands from Wickes for next to nothing!

£3.66 trolley jack (2 tonne) - http://www.wickes.co.uk/2-Tonne-Light-D ... nvt/190381

£1.71 axel stands (2 tonne) - http://www.wickes.co.uk/2-Tonne-Foldabl ... nvt/190385

They work just fine, I used mine loads of times. The prices have really dropped, the trolley jack was a tenna when I got mine! :lol:

bloomin heck thats cheap, have to get myself to wicks to get one.

surely you could sell the metal on for a profit at those prices! :scare:

Indeed. I think I paid a tenna a pop for the jack and axle stands (2 pairs), even at £20 all it it was dirt cheap. They are exactly the same ones Halfords sell too. I dont think anyone knows they do them so they cant shift them hence the cheap price! Great for us though and lifts a Zed no problems, even though we are a lardy 1.5T :blush:

Do you reckon this would fit under a lowered zed too??

No chance! You need a standard Zed up on bits of wood, let alone a lowered one. I dont know of any reasonably priced jacks that can lift a standard Zed with no wood. I was looking in the region of £70+ to get a low profile one, but sod that, this is far cheaper!

Do you reckon this would fit under a lowered zed too??

No chance! You need a standard Zed up on bits of wood, let alone a lowered one. I dont know of any reasonably priced jacks that can lift a standard Zed with no wood. I was looking in the region of £70+ to get a low profile one, but sod that, this is far cheaper!

:headhurt::headhurt:

I think i need to stop being a cheap skate :lol:

But you can get a trolley jack and axle stands from Wickes for next to nothing!

Thanks for this, I'm off there on my way home tonight! :yahoo:

Chris, your a lifesaver!

But you can get a trolley jack and axle stands from Wickes for next to nothing!

Bargain price! ordered 1x trolley jack and 2x axel stands delivered to my door for £13 :thumbs:

Cheers for the info Chris

R