about my place

M13KYF

Cool! Seen it a few times on other home buying sites too. Images of my area must be over 2yrs old as it has the decking in our garden in the place before we moved it. Looks pretty detailled though, and can nose in my neighbours gardens now :lol::thumbs:

Mine is area is at least older then December the old Vectra is still parked outside my house. Reckon it was in the summer though as my parents haven't got their caravan on the drive and I cannot imagine them going away in the box during winter! :cold:

Its quite a good site though.

On a side note, anyone know how long it takes for Google maps to update the system with the roadside pictures they take? I got zapped getting out of the Zed at work and then again at home a few days later in my shorts! :surrender:

Found this out yesterday. some may already use it.

The nice bit to it is the birds eye view which you have the choice of N E S W

http://www.aboutmyplace.co.uk

now checkout where your house is. The birds eye views look very recent.

Google Earth 5 (free download) gets you even closer and pans easier.

Often use the birds eye views for my work ;) - the flyovers do mean that some compass views will vary in age whilst not all the UK is available and the quality can sometimes be iffy.

Often use the birds eye views for my work ;) - the flyovers do mean that some compass views will vary in age whilst not all the UK is available and the quality can sometimes be iffy.

yeah but you only get one aerial view and this is higher. With this you get 4 views and at lower altitude

yeah but you only get one aerial view and this is higher. With this you get 4 views and at lower altitude

Really? Google maps zooms in far closer than this one does for me, and is at least 2 years newer (and that's still from 2007!).

Not quite - you pan round the full 360 a degree at a time, and as the image below of a 2006 development shows you get the birds eye, view albeit zooming in very close (say 10 metres from the subject) does get rather fuzzy. ;)

GOOGLEEARTHSAMPLE.jpg

Hmm must be at least 5-6 years old as non of my estate has been built - yet the map road view has the correct roads on - bit like Sat Nav by the time its released its already out of date! :lol:

On google Earth my old house you could still see my VW splittie van with the T25 wedge parked begind it - I had a blue tarp over it - quite a target from above - those pesky snoopers with their snooperlites in space! :D