Upgrading Sound

Dblock

I want to upgrade the sound system on my 350. I have heard the speaker size is 6.5".

So as I'm a cheapster i will probably get everything second hand off talk audio. So 6.5 comps with 1-1.5" tweeters. Behind i was thinking of 6.5" mid bass for the back? either 6.5" mid bass for the back or another set of comps. Usually i dont run rear speakers. I would use mdf baffles and sound deadening.

I would also replace the h/u. I would run all speakers off the amp. I would probably have 2 or 3 amps. I was thinking about putting them where the old sub was and running one or two fans. My h/u has 3 rca's outputs.

In my clio i run a RE XXXv3 15" sub with 4cuft box port tuned to 33hz so the 350 is going to be my sq and my clio as a streetbasser. I have found a box which fits in the 350 and is 1.4cuft before displacement so i was thinking about a nice old solobarik (round) or an idmax 10. Something nice and punchy as its too small to run ported.

How do the plans sound?

Are the mids from the comps different to midbass?

Have a gander at the ice projects. There is a good range on here.

H5 has an award winning install that is VERY stealthy.

I have heard from all the ice gurus on here to ditch the rear speakers completely as there is no need for them.

One member had a W7 put behind each seat! :scare: I can't remember the user name though....

The ICE gurus will give you their expert opinions though.

Ignore the rear speakers and put all your budget into the fronts and just fade the rears right down if budget is an issue. :)

At 6.5" the door speakers are right between mid bass and mid range really. You can get 3 way components but install will be long and complicated. You seem to have chosen numbers of amps and sizes of box before chosing your equipment and set up. First off, what's your budget mate? Then I would pick up a decent 4 channel amp and go front door speakers and sub. Spend the rest of the money on the headunit, box quality etc. The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...... ;)

I was looking at some pg ti6's but they sold :rant: so im looking about 200quid for comps, about 200quid for amp for speakers. The sub i might be getting a FI Q 10 as it need 1.2cuft to work on and it sounds nice. I will get a seprate amp for the sub as the fi is rated at 1000rms so i might give it between 900-1200rms.

The reason i choose the box first is as it is the one which fits under the rear strut bar. I might use 3 amps powerful class d for subs a decent one for the mids and a smallish one for the tweeters. I have a 24xs active crossover sitting about so it would be rude not to use it.

headunit i use jvc avx stuff but ideally i want a double din. I get my cables from knuconceptz. The only thing is i have a jap 350z and the battery is poncy what size of battery do i need e.g. 063 or 076. The speaker is my first thing to buy then the amps will be bought according to the speakers e.g. the ti6s are 150rms per side which is alot so i would need an amp to match it.

Also i will be buying alot of the stuff second hand as usually you can get bargains from TA

For that money you can good good new kit that installed properly will sound great. Just make sure you match the whole system up - buying three amps for components and a sub is overkill and making it more complicated than necessary IMO. A good 4 channel amp and good components with a passive crossover will do the job nicely.