Wierd Noise

Marios

Im getting this strange noise when im driving it sounds like a grinding noise on the wheels not a loud one - I can hear it when the windows are down. I know my brake pads are due for a change but doubt it would be that causing the noise because im not braking? Anyone ideas its really getting on my nerves now

I was getting that and got all new Redstuff pads from CS on here. When my mate was swapping them over, none of the pads were down to the metal, but the sounds had me thinking there was nothing left on them...

That's why I got them done right away, frightened in case I would end up needing to get new discs as well.

I was getting that and got all new Redstuff pads from CS on here. When my mate was swapping them over, none of the pads were down to the metal, but the sounds had me thinking there was nothing left on them...

That's why I got them done right away, frightened in case I would end up needing to get new discs as well.

So you didn't even need to end up changing them? Did the noise stop? My brake pads def need to be changed the squealing is unbearable!!

I did not know there was a wear indicator, im probably thinking thats right, because the pads are extremly low!

there is a little metal flange thingy on OEM pads that when the pad is worn, will rub against the disc

I did not know there was a wear indicator, im probably thinking thats right, because the pads are extremly low!

there is a little metal flange thingy on OEM pads that when the pad is worn, will rub against the disc

Does it look like a clip?

like a L shape thin piece of metal

like a L shape thin piece of metal

Ill have to have a look anyway, I am correct in thinking that both front and rear brakes should wear out at about the same rate.. seems the noise is coming from the rear only...

Does it tend to be more noticable when you are driving down a narrow lane or between parked cars?

If so it may be the disc protectors (metal or plastic bits that surround the disc) have started to disintergrate and are rubbing against the discs... Cant find a pic to explain what I am on about!

Does it tend to be more noticable when you are driving down a narrow lane or between parked cars?

If so it may be the disc protectors (metal or plastic bits that surround the disc) have started to disintergrate and are rubbing against the discs... Cant find a pic to explain what I am on about!

No don't think its limited to that but I never hear it when I drive at certain speeds its usually at low speeds if that makes a difference.

No don't think its limited to that but I never hear it when I drive at certain speeds its usually at low speeds if that makes a difference.

Yeh I found that with mine that I noticed it when I was rolling along or with the windows down... If you know the bits I mean then just reach around behind the wheel and see if they are flaking...

If anyone else knows what they are called and can say if they can be removed then please chip in!! Is the thin metal surrounds to the brake disc you always catch and take the skin off your knuckels when your cleaning the wheels!!! I seemed to notice the replacements dont come with them!

Yeh I found that with mine that I noticed it when I was rolling along or with the windows down... If you know the bits I mean then just reach around behind the wheel and see if they are flaking...

If anyone else knows what they are called and can say if they can be removed then please chip in!! Is the thin metal surrounds to the brake disc you always catch and take the skin off your knuckels when your cleaning the wheels!!! I seemed to notice the replacements dont come with them!

I don't know which part that is I will have a look, is it safe to remove? Strange how I have only noticed it recently