Road insurance for track car... best options?

marzman

Hey all,

Okay, i bought an '88 RX7 for drifting on track yesterday, but dont know what the cheapest option for insurance will be... it is taxed and tested, and we'll be driving it on the road to and from events - so need insurance.

Are there special insurance policies for 1 or 2 days a month? Or can you organise weekend insurance etc, or will it be cheaper to insure it for the year rather than keep messing about??

Any help appreciated!

Cheers Dan,

I gave them a call but they were no good - would only quote me for insuring the car as a normal car + track time... so it was coming out at £500!!

So, tempcover.com - 1 day insurance for £22. Cant argue with that!

Did you speak to CCI? I know I get a discount from them from attending instruction days after doing an few Track Training and Fast Road with CAT driver training.. You need to have been there though to claim the discount (and the trainig is well worth it!!!)

CCI do 1 day covers for the car...

Are you doing your BMC (or whatever its called) Licence? As there are discounts after you have completed that...

£22 a day??? sound a bargain... not something I associate with insurance normally!! So whats the deal?!