Booking My Hols - Turkey !

M350ZB

Right guys, im planning on taking my girlfriend to turkey for a week at the end of july, of which she dont no yet, :lol:. Anyone ever been? , any recomendations ?, nice hotels ?, places to go ?, e.t.c ?. Personally i have never been to turkey and im really looking forward to it, i have been eygpt twice and can only see it be being a bit similar, but i may be wrong, with regards to the hotel as such. All inclusive and a complex, various pools and bars,e.t.c.

Not booked nothing up at the mo, so thought i would post up on here, to see if nayones been ? Just having a look around, hoping to book up on wedenesday :yahoo:

Thanks

Mark

I'd rather go anywhere else other than Turkey. The place itself is quite nice, and lots of hawt Scandinavian women seem to go there too, but I found the people there to be rude to the point of arrogance. I'd never go again, but I'd recommend just about any of the Greek isles if you've never been. Pretty much the same scenery + food wise, but a much friendlier populace.

Just my experience, I know loads of people have been there and enjoyed it, but I really didn't.

I'd rather go anywhere else other than Turkey. The place itself is quite nice, and lots of hawt Scandinavian women seem to go there too, but I found the people there to be rude to the point of arrogance. I'd never go again, but I'd recommend just about any of the Greek isles if you've never been. Pretty much the same scenery + food wise, but a much friendlier populace.

Just my experience, I know loads of people have been there and enjoyed it, but I really didn't.

Been all over greece, only thing is me and the girlfriend are tight on money, as she is off to ibiza in a week and a half, and im out the 7th of august, so were trying to get in a little hol before i go out there :thumbs:

I've been to Turkey and stayed at a friends apartment. It was very last minute. I enjoyed it. It was a little place we stayed though beside Olidinez (sp - I think???) and it was fine for a weeks escape for some sun. I don't klnow what the real 'touristy' bits are like as I try to avoid anywhere popular with package hols.....

See i have been egypt and we were planning to go back, but from what we have seen, turkey is a tad cheaper,which is great for us, as shes away for a week, then im not to sure how long ill be away for ;) . One of my neighbours has been and loved it there, thats what got us thinking, Tuekey , they stayed in bodrum-incorrect spelling i know most prob :lol:

Oludeniz (don't know how to spell it) is supposed to be beautiful but avoid all the really touristy places. I went to Altinkum - don't get me wrong the Turkish people were lovely, so friendly and trusting, the food was mega cheap etc. But the beach was like an Ashtray and you got hassle wherever you went and practically dragged into every bar and restaurant. If you said no thanks not tonight maybe tomorrow they would remember you the next day! In the end we were like - oh god we have to run the gauntlet again if we want to go out! It will also be VERY hot! Just make sure you pick a place a bit off the beaten track and it will be beautiful.

oloudeniz has a big resort by the Blue lagoon, i'm sure you can get all inclusive there. I stayed at hiasaronu, about 5 miles from there in 2000, used a friend of a now ex girlfriend's apartment.

That's where I was. As I say, used a friends apartment in a private complex with a huge pool so it was fine. Not really a beach person though to be honest.

I have some pics of the blue lagoon I took while doing parachuting from the mountains.

that is exactly how it looks. It's really nice.

Been a couple of years since I was there and I hope it hasn't changed at that bit. It was very nice and not full of 18-30s..... Not my thing at all!

that is exactly how it looks. It's really nice.

Been a couple of years since I was there and I hope it hasn't changed at that bit. It was very nice and not full of 18-30s..... Not my thing at all!

does look B) , the main place i have heard everyone go on about is bodrum???, thats where most the people i spoke to have gone, any view on this, did you visit it ?

I've been to Bodrum and thought it was a dump, it was the worst holiday we have ever been on. Oh, and gumpet near by is where the nightlife is and that too is a bit seedy. The place was full of knock off, never seen anything like it - fake tag watches, lacoste etc.

If it was me mate, I'd book flights to Alicante with easyjet and book a nice cheap hotel for the week - brilliant place. We went there the beginning of this month you cannot fault it.

I've been to Bodrum and thought it was a dump, it was the worst holiday we have ever been on. Oh, and gumpet near by is where the nightlife is and that too is a bit seedy. The place was full of knock off, never seen anything like it - fake tag watches, lacoste etc.

If it was me mate, I'd book flights to Alicante with easyjet and book a nice cheap hotel for the week - brilliant place. We went there the beginning of this month you cannot fault it.

well not really hearing nothing good now, at the mo we stand at either turkey or tunisia, personally i am really liking turkey, the blue lagoon, looks B) , off out wednesday to book it, so gotta get looking fast :lol:, any others been, any stories to tell ? ? ?

I stayed in a place called Bitez, just a few miles from Bodrum, the hotel (Hotel Ambrosia 4*) was lovely and very reasonable.

The weather was also scorching, 40deg +!!

The only thing that put me off was the people in the restaurants were quite pushy to try and get you in, although i now hear its illegal for them to hastle you and if they get caught can loose their licences.

I would definatly go back again for a cheap break, but not for a few years after i've experienced other places.

Heres a few snaps of the hotel/area.

R

Turkey20061.jpg

Turkey200623.jpg

Turkey200628.jpg

Turkey200635.jpg

Turkey20063.jpg

Turkey200636.jpg

Turkey200633.jpg

Turkey200653.jpg

Turkey20068.jpg

I've done Turkey about 8 times.

It can be whatever you want it to be. The best food can be in the locals transport cafe's

Its absoluteley vast, and there's something for everyone

The people are incredibly friendly, its often miscontrued

I've sat drinking chai (tea) for several hours with carpet sellers, never to buy anything!!! :thumbs:

Hosgeldiniz! :thumbs: as they say

My friend played at being shirley Valentine for a bit, met a turkish guy and bought a villa out there. She stayed for about 18 months but is back home and now rents it out.

I've not been but by all accounts it beautiful.

I Think it's by Calis beach, Fethiye, but I would have to check. Not much per week you would just need flights and she arranges someone to pick you up and take you back to the airport. pm me if you want details. :teeth: