Hose wont fit any taps in my house!

Mark-UK

Just bought a hose kit from Argos to clean the car and save some money but the bloody hose attachment to connect to taps wont fit any tap in my house as I have stupid mixer taps, anyone had the same problem, can you buy extra large tap attachments, the hose is Hozelock system, I've spent an hour arsing about with no joy!

You could try something like this... http://www.wickes.co.uk/Taps+Valves/Eas ... nvt/420000

Fit it straight to the cold water feed pipe. What I did was run a Y-piece from the dishwasher feed (or equally from the washing machine feed) to the tap from that kit bolted inside out under sink cupboard. I struggled for ages with the fitments you are trying to use and ended up buggering a seal up in the tap through wiggling it to try and get it on! Give the external tap kit a go :thumbs:

You could try something like this... http://www.wickes.co.uk/Taps+Valves/Eas ... nvt/420000

Fit it straight to the cold water feed pipe. What I did was run a Y-piece from the dishwasher feed (or equally from the washing machine feed) to the tap from that kit bolted inside out under sink cupboard. I struggled for ages with the fitments you are trying to use and ended up buggering a seal up in the tap through wiggling it to try and get it on! Give the external tap kit a go :thumbs:

+1 great bit of kit fitted one last week in my mums house takes no time to fit you can get them from B=Q £9.99 i belive :thumbs:

Very fancy :p

Its actually really easy to fit off a cold water feed for the washing machine. Get a Y-splitter from Wickes and tap kit, take off washing machine pipe, fit splitter, replace washing machine pipe, add tape pipe to other feed, screw tap to wall, and screw feed pipe to tap. Off you go, honestly took me about as long to do that as it used to take me to get the tap adapter on the old tap! And it used to pop off all the time! :lol:

Its actually really easy to fit off a cold water feed for the washing machine. Get a Y-splitter from Wickes and tap kit, take off washing machine pipe, fit splitter, replace washing machine pipe, add tape pipe to other feed, screw tap to wall, and screw feed pipe to tap. Off you go, honestly took me about as long to do that as it used to take me to get the tap adapter on the old tap! And it used to pop off all the time! :lol:

I hope you have a non-return valve in there somewhere - its a legal requirement that all outside taps have a non-return valve in line - the kits that 'cut' into the pipe have one built into the tap that screws onto the tap.

I hope you have a non-return valve in there somewhere - its a legal requirement that all outside taps have a non-return valve in line - the kits that 'cut' into the pipe have one built into the tap that screws onto the tap.

There is a non return valve before the Y-splitter, but the tap isnt actually outside, I have it fitted under the sink as the kitchen is on the front so pass the hose through the window. Otherwise theiving scumbags would use my water and I'm on a meter :lol: