oil gage?

jeffr

hi to all, just noticed driving home the oil gage on the dash has stopped flicking as you change gear etc. Its basically stuck over to the right hand side when driving. It does return tothe left when ignition is off.no engine management light on or any sign of over heating. any thoughts? cheers :clap:

Sender units are known to fail, located i think at the front of the block - alex should be able to confirm as he is quite intermate with the old VQ engine.

Could try an engine flush and an oil change to clean the sender unit.

Dan

Hi Jeff, when the senders go they pin out all the way to 120 when ignition is on even without the engine started. I am 90% its that although I replaced a set of triple gauges last week that were faulty. If there has been any dampness in the car the backs of the gauges and the copper contacts can become fouled.

Get an oil pressure sender first and that should sort it and if it doesn't drop me a PM :thumbs:

Lee :thumbs:

Hi Jeff, when the senders go they pin out all the way to 120 when ignition is on even without the engine started. I am 90% its that although I replaced a set of triple gauges last week that were faulty. If there has been any dampness in the car the backs of the gauges and the copper contacts can become fouled.

Get an oil pressure sender first and that should sort it and if it doesn't drop me a PM :thumbs:

Lee :thumbs:

Lee, mine went in 2 stages, first half way and then fully to the right :wacko:

Do you think mine might be the sender the same as Jeff's??