For Sale: 2003 JDM ECU *SOLD*

IanS16

After changing to the nismo ECU I now have a spare one up for sale.

This ECU is from a 2003 6 speed manual Fairlady Z and can be easily fitted in 30mins by removing only a little bit of interior trim.

I have been told (by Big Phil and others) that this model of ECU does not adapt to modfications, therefore allowing power increases but I all honesty I have no hard evidence to back this up.

After about £100

If you require any pics or any more info please let me know :thumbs:

Thanks for looking,

Ian

Yeah I know the Nismo just is plug and play just nervous of the stock one. Im Curious more than anything else so I would be appreciative if the buyer would post up their results.

Ian just be careful of the fuel, looking at martins thread its seems a fussy little begger as its mapped to the 100 ron that they have in JDM.

Just out of interest where did you purchase it from?

Dan

Dont worry guys! I have a 99RON tescos 10 mins from my house and another 10 mins from my office!

It runs as well (if not better) than when I had my stock ECU in, the only problem I have encountered with it is the immobiliser LED stays on when driving (no biggie)

Dont worry guys! I have a 99RON tescos 10 mins from my house and another 10 mins from my office!

It runs as well (if not better) than when I had my stock ECU in, the only problem I have encountered with it is the immobiliser LED stays on when driving (no biggie)

How much was the nismo ECU? Wondering what to do re my limiter (180km/h), guess the NISMO one has the limiter removed?

How much was the nismo ECU? Wondering what to do re my limiter (180km/h), guess the NISMO one has the limiter removed?

yes the nismo is de-restricted. All you need is a HKS SLD. I sold one on Sunday :p

yes the nismo is de-restricted. All you need is a HKS SLD. I sold one on Sunday :p

yeah but Id think it was nicer to change the ECU instead of having an HKS hanging out of the already busy place under the dash... :bounce:

yeah but Id think it was nicer to change the ECU instead of having an HKS hanging out of the already busy place under the dash... :bounce:

Yeah well an aftermarket ECU is definitely nicer but the SLD is a lot cheaper. The HKS SLD is about half the size of an iphone and is inside the dash so you dont ever see it.

Yeah well an aftermarket ECU is definitely nicer but the SLD is a lot cheaper. The HKS SLD is about half the size of an iphone and is inside the dash so you dont ever see it.

hmmm yeah....

:blackeye: still hoping that Haltech will firmware upgrade their unit to take away the limiter. Might just hit the buy button on an HKS SLD soonish... :drunk:

Well it doesnt on the JDM version, have a sneaky feeling it doesnt on the UK/US/AUS version either but its very seldom any of you guys hit the limiter B)

I got a 100% promise it would, since I wouldnt have bought it otherwise... so still in the waiting for them to 'sort' it out.

:bang: