Is a Skyline a 4 seater 350Z?

givememorepower

Just been looking on Pistonheads trying to resolve my lack-of-seats-dilemma, and came across a Skline GT-r that looks very similar to my 350. I'm way behind on imports etc as i don't really keep up with that, will it be a genuine gt-r, and is this the same chassis and engine of the 350?

Any ideas where I can find all of this our, as I'm quite very really tempted.

the car I saw:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/922974.htm

If the engine mods are real then thats a pretty good buy.... Badges are just superficial and can be changed...

And they have a few different names but Nissan did market them as part of the skyline family... Most come with the 350GT badge on the boot, as its known as the Skyline 350GT in Japan and the Infinity G35 in the states. It was taken into the Infinity fold due to it having a more "luxury" interior...

The G35 is based on the Nissan FM platform shared with the Nissan 350Z coupe and roadster sports car and Infiniti FX crossover SUV. The FM platform stands for "front midship" design where the engine is moved back towards the rear of the engine bay which in turn improves the weight distribution.

If you want more.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G35

So it's slower than a 350z then. I wouldn't buy an auto, full stop. I was purely attracted to the GT-R aspect, but obviously it's a big naughty fake if there isn't a GT-R available. I said I knew nothing about the imports! I like the overall look, especially the back end, but don't think it has the lines and sexiness of the 350Z, just has the rear seats for some crumb-snatchers.

So after the GTR34, there is no more skyline?? Just the immense GT-R that is way out of my price league for about another 30years!?

I beleive there is still a Skyline in Japan, but the GTR is no longer derived from the same chasis, its its own entity. Just like the Lancer Evo, they Skyline was always a normal car but the GTR was the sporty version. Now the GTR is completely seperate.

Not sure your right there!!! The 350 wont be around much longer as its the old engine and the VQ37VHR is now the engine used in the G37 so think you may find its the Skyline 370GT...

Nissan want to get away from the Skyline brand as its been, as you say, surpassed by the GT-R

Also I belive the name is getting dropped as it will sit as the Infinity G37 as they want to try and get things more standard hence the Infinity brand being sold in the UK to rival the Toyota / Lexus, it will also save them money on marketing etc!

Has nobody noticed that the front Nissan burger if off centre and slightly twisted? Prolly just me then...

I think he must have fit that afterwards ;)

I think there will reamin to be some kind of Skyline in Japan, but didnt mean it would be the 350370GT. They will just make it a plain old Skyline, nothing exciting, just a normal car.

Has nobody noticed that the front Nissan burger if off centre and slightly twisted? Prolly just me then...

I think he must have fit that afterwards ;)

I think there will reamin to be some kind of Skyline in Japan, but didnt mean it would be the 350370GT. They will just make it a plain old Skyline, nothing exciting, just a normal car.

the whole front end looks poorly fitted. the gap between the grill and the bonnet can take a golf ball :thumbdown:

If the engine mods are real then thats a pretty good buy.... Badges are just superficial and can be changed...

And they have a few different names but Nissan did market them as part of the skyline family... Most come with the 350GT badge on the boot, as its known as the Skyline 350GT in Japan and the Infinity G35 in the states. It was taken into the Infinity fold due to it having a more "luxury" interior...

The G35 is based on the Nissan FM platform shared with the Nissan 350Z coupe and roadster sports car and Infiniti FX crossover SUV. The FM platform stands for "front midship" design where the engine is moved back towards the rear of the engine bay which in turn improves the weight distribution.

If you want more.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_G35

+1 and the Infiniti G37 coupe is launched here in August, £33,250 for the GT, considering one as a replacement for the Z as I'm not too keen on the 370Z and think I'll goback to 4 seats.

Take a look at http://www.infiniti.co.uk/g37-coupe.html