Tyres complications

ug45cwb

Got a rear tyre puncture so i replaced both the rear tyres. Was in quite a hurry so around 5 minutes searching online i thought dunlop sp sport maxx looked like a good buy, 245/45/18 were a little under £400 for the pair fitted so i took it.

Now i have 2 problems:

1)The front tyres need replacing and dunlop sp sport maxx 225/45/18 do not exist (I would like a matching set, didnt think of this when ordering rears)

2) The car handles great when im completely thraping it, but the ESP light seems to come on when im going round long, steep corners, even if i am not going too fast.

Whats my best plan here? I could afford new tyres all round (reccomendations appreciated) If you guys think its worth it. Failing that, what would be the best tyres to fit on the front? Do you think the ESP issue is a tyre issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Falkens come in at about £150 a corner and are a pretty good buy..

If you got 2 new rears then it would be a shame to just remove... Am sure you could get away with a pair of falkens upfront esp if they are the right sizes...

Am sure a few peeps on here are running different front and rear with no issues, just cant remember who and what they have!

Got a rear tyre puncture so i replaced both the rear tyres. Was in quite a hurry so around 5 minutes searching online i thought dunlop sp sport maxx looked like a good buy, 245/45/18 were a little under £400 for the pair fitted so i took it.

Now i have 2 problems:

1)The front tyres need replacing and dunlop sp sport maxx 225/45/18 do not exist (I would like a matching set, didnt think of this when ordering rears)

2) The car handles great when im completely thraping it, but the ESP light seems to come on when im going round long, steep corners, even if i am not going too fast.

Whats my best plan here? I could afford new tyres all round (reccomendations appreciated) If you guys think its worth it. Failing that, what would be the best tyres to fit on the front? Do you think the ESP issue is a tyre issue?

Thanks,

Chris

ouch thats alot of money for the dunlops,

could have got 4 vredestein ultrac ssantas for £500.

might be able to find another dunlop tyre which is similar. but to be honest same rubber all round should fix it. best bet for a cheap fix is the falken 452's they are a good midrange tyre and you'll only notice the difference if yor taking the car on track.

might even be able to sell the rear dunlops on ebay to recoup some of your cash

Thanks for the replies. Im gonna get the Falken FK452 all round. This comes in at £486 fitted on blackcircles.com. Is this a resonable price?

How much would a pair of dunlop sp sport maxx with about 300 miles on them be worth doya recon?

Thanks.