Someone nicked my Stubby !

Toon Chris

*note to self"

When buying a stubby, buy a tube of threadlock also...

no need to threadlock it. It will rust solid within a year or so. I'd actually recommend putting on some copper grease to prevent it rusting and then snapping off leaving the thread bit stuck in the hole

:lol::lol: I feel your pain, I bought a brand new van last year £18k within a month some pikey came along and nicked the wing mirror glass and motor inside (both mirrors) and kindly left me their broken ones, minus the motor, I was not best pleased with a thumping bill of £200+

Best shrink wrapp your car ;)

I was just thinking....how many "Someone stole my stubby!!" threads you reckon there are on S2K and Civic forums :lol::lol::lol:

Prob a few :lol: :lol:, i used to allways take my mates s2000 one and swapping with tmy flagpole, sometimes he would notice, sometimes i would have it all week, eventually ended up him buying me a stubby :lol:

Chris, i have 2 spare aerials so pm me your address and i'll post one of to you mate :thumbs:

Thanks matey but hopefully Malcolm (mbs) has one in the post to me :bounce: ...

Can't think how you managed to get two!

Yes posted Thursday should be with you now

Yes, arrived yesterday, thanks mate :teeth:

Um, is this an original one? When I first got my Z the aerial was about 1M long!

Yes its original, had the Zed from new, bought in March 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

The original aerial has been an eyesore for a few weeks now. I keep seeing it in the mirror or when walking up to the car. Horrid.

Plus I have noticed the radio reception isn't as good.

I've bitten the bullet and bought another stubby. Can't decide whether to glue it on or if this will just make the chav twist the whole wing off to claim his next prize :surrender:

The original aerial has been an eyesore for a few weeks now. I keep seeing it in the mirror or when walking up to the car. Horrid.

Plus I have noticed the radio reception isn't as good.

I've bitten the bullet and bought another stubby. Can't decide whether to glue it on or if this will just make the chav twist the whole wing off to claim his next prize :surrender:

I'll have it back then :lol:

Sorry mate, I don't mean to sound ungrateful :blush: it has been a godsend to have a proper aerial fitted and you were very generous to send it.

Seriously though, I wasn't going to chuck just in case I get robbed again :dry: but if you want it back, I'll pop it in the post (or keep it until you do want it back) :)