Few ICE Questions Please.

Mark-UK

Hi Guys im looking to get my 350z this week but have a few ICE questions as its important to me when choosing the car. If anybody could help I would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

1. If I buy a 350z without the sat nav pod thing in the dashboard in the top section do I have to buy it from Nissan or can any decent sat nav installation centre do it and is it expensive, can they source the plastic casing unit for it?

2.If I go for for the above in number 1 can you get such a head unit that has screen, dvd player, sat nav and hands free bluetooth for mobile phone use? If so anyone recommend a good one please?

3. If I get a screen unit in top bit of dashboard what do I do with existing bose head unit in bottom part as this will mean I essentially have 2 head units and car stereos yes?

4. What about security as I presume you cant take front off the screen unit so its a magnet for thieves?

5. Any other gadget or option thats useful in a car stereo when choosing one.

6. Is it easier if when I buy a car and say it has just the storage bit in the top of dashboard to just replace the head unit in the bottom part with a screen/sat nav unit thing instead, I wouldnt want to keep the bose one it comes with as I have no need for tape deck and require sat nav/handsfree use etc.

Sorry for all the questions folks, thanks.

4. What about security as I presume you cant take front off the screen unit so its a magnet for thieves?

Don't worry about it - more and more cars are now coming out with integrated double din units so non-removable screens are not the 'special' case.

As for what to do. IMO Just replace the BOSE with an all in one such as the Kenwood 5240

Anyone know about above questions please, also what casing do I need for a double din unit and where do I source it from please, thanks. Looks like Ill just replace the bose stereo section. Just called my local car stereo company and they said I need to source the parts and they will fit it.

• 2 weeks later...