NISMO Style Rear Spats by Shine Auto ** SOLD**

austin350z

That was a bit under the belt from St3v50z. As austin350z said you should of pm'd him first instead of publicly attacking him.

Yes i sold these to austin for £80 and yes he did at his own expense have them primered.

I did check these for fit and they did require a little trimming for them to sit flush against the bumper. As with most aftermarket kits, they do require some fettling to get a perfect fit and a good body shop or even a competent diy'er wouldn't have a problem with these.

I bought 2 sets of these from ESR and was told they were Shine products. I sold the other set to another member on here and have had no comebacks. For £60 you have had a bargain, so there's no case for complaint. All i can say is if you still aint happy give them back to austin with an apology, and if austin then wants to give them back to me i'll refund his money also. I will then get the spats to fit perfectly and resell them.

Sunset, I hardly think it is under the belt, it is not a personal criticism, and an Admin was made aware at the time of me posting the reply on the forum. All i care about is the item in question, which was advertised publically, and has the right to be disputed in the same fashion. IMO it was a reserved statement and most certainly not a ‘personal attack’. This is a public for sale item, it was sold in public view, so therefore any discrepancy with the item may be made in public view, that is all.

I am a very experienced body repairer & sprayer, and i have fitted many aftermarket fibreglass kits before, and without a doubt, this is one of the worst moulds i have come across. The pinholes and fabrication defects can easily be fixed, but I’m sorry, but there is no amount of trimming that can be done to make these fit perfect, as that is not the solution. The mould itself is not right, the top corner does not bend round flush neither does the contour, this can only be cured by a more accurate initial mould. To someone who maybe cares far less about quality and fitment, they would not have a problem with these, but from my experience and knowledge, i know better. This is not aimed at anyone personally, it is a direct complaint about the authenticity and quality of the item.

Anyway, it appears Austin is willing to take them back in refund of the £60, which is very good of him, so i am more than happy to take him up on that offer and will pursue that via PM. As said, I will also remove the defects and re-prime them tomorrow with a high build filler primer so that they are in a much better shape for him to send back to yourself if he so wishes.

to be fair, after the quite public slatting of these spats i very much doubt i'll be able to sell them on now

so as much as i regret it, sunset if you will stand by your post earlier and have these back then st3v50z you may as well send then them back to sunset to save royal mail the legwork

i'd just want to say this transaction couldn't of turned out worse and i hope buyers and sellers will learn from this in the future about how to conduct themselves and their actions

ive bought a fair few things for my z both new and 2nd hand in the short 2 months of owning one and everyone else has been very pleasant and a pleasure to deal with

good day :drive1