I want to join you all...

Hi mate, welcome from a fellow fairly-newbie. Re your comments on standard or GT pack, from everything i read and paid attention to when buying mine, in terms of maintaining good residuals it makes sense to go for the UK car, with GT spec & sat nav etc. if you can - an ever-desirable yet with relativley limited availability (in comparison to your average car on UK roads), it is what you could call a 'modern classic' - having top spec increases saleability when you eventually come to :byebye: part with your zed.

Oh, and for scoping out the imports, yep the square number plate, no foglight / bolt-on foglight required to make it UK road legal, and another one is 'FairladyZ' plastered on the back in place of the 350Z badge.

Hi mate, welcome from a fellow fairly-newbie. Re your comments on standard or GT pack, from everything i read and paid attention to when buying mine, in terms of maintaining good residuals it makes sense to go for the UK car, with GT spec & sat nav etc. if you can - an ever-desirable yet with relativley limited availability (in comparison to your average car on UK roads), it is what you could call a 'modern classic' - having top spec increases saleability when you eventually come to :byebye: part with your zed.

Oh, and for scoping out the imports, yep the square number plate, no foglight / bolt-on foglight required to make it UK road legal, and another one is 'FairladyZ' plastered on the back in place of the 350Z badge.

Whilst the sat nav option may seem to be desirable (possibly because of the price new people think it must be the bees knees :dry: ) having read many owner's frustration with the system I chose not to include it when I bought my car new and instead use a 'free-standing' sat nav that can easily be transferred between cars. A search will reveal some have made tom-toms (or the like) fit the standard cubby - ending up with a better system and saving a whole lot of dosh.

So don't be put off it does not have the factory fitted sat nav and frankly you're better off looking for a ZED that has other add-ons that might be on your preferred list and then buy a tom-tom (or whatever) that you can more usefully use in whatever car you are using :thumbs:

Care with the bumper identification - aftermarket bumpers tend to come with the import square plate holder and are fitted to UK suppied cars, whilst some imports have had UK bumpers fitted :wacko:

Thanks for the info people on the SatNav options. I do already have a satnav and i have it on my phone (thats always with me) so not to worry really. I just need to have a good luck when it comes to buying one... :teeth: